• RadarScope Pro is now an auto-renewing subscription. It's easier to restore and sync between devices, and it can be managed through the App Store. For existing subscriptions, this takes effect the next time you renew.
• Search bar for radar list, locations, assets, spotters, warnings, watches, mesoscale discussions, and storm reports.
• Product list works better on smaller phones.
• Added an option to disable RadarScope TV Mirroring while connected to an external display.
Changes in 3.1.2
• Fixed bug where lightning would sometimes not display after restoring Pro on another device.
• Fixed bug where Spotter Network locations were reported too often.
Changes in 3.1.1
• Fixed NOAA Storm Track display bugs.
• Fixed 1 Hour Precipitation starting time.
• Road improvements.
RadarScope is a specialized display utility for weather enthusiasts and meteorologists that allows you view NEXRAD Level 3 and Super-Resolution radar data along with Tornado, Severe Thunderstorm, Flash Flood Warnings, and predicted storm tracks issued by the US National Weather Service. It can display the latest reflectivity, velocity, dual-polarization, and other products from any NEXRAD or TDWR radar site in the United States, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as reflectivity and velocity data from Environment Canada radars. These aren't smoothed PNG or GIF images, this is native radar data rendered in its original radial format for a high level of detail.
Whether you are scanning reflectivity for a mesocyclone's tell-tale hook echo, trying to pinpoint the landfall of a hurricane's eye wall, or looking for small features like velocity couplets in the storm relative radial velocity product, RadarScope gives you the power to view true radial NEXRAD weather radar on your iOS device and Apple Watch.
When there are any Tornado Warnings (outlined in RED), Severe Thunderstorm Warnings (YELLOW polygons), or Flash Flood Warnings (GREEN polygons) in effect throughout the US, tap the warning button in the top right corner to browse the list of current warnings, view the details, and even zoom to the selected warning on the map.
Pinch or stretch to zoom in and out. Drag your finger around the map to scroll. Tap the radar sweep button in the toolbar to switch radars. Select one of the 156 different NEXRAD radar sites and 45 Terminal Doppler radars in the US, 30 other radar sites in Canada, and 2 in the Republic of Korea. Plot your current location by tapping the location button and optionally report it to the Spotter Network. Tap the play button to download and animate over recent images. Display the names of over 25,000 cities and towns on the map as you zoom and scroll. Tap and hold the color legend to see the data values.
Meanwhile, RadarScope will retrieve and display updated data automatically and intelligently (approximately every 2 to 10 minutes, depending on the radar scan strategy).
You can display data from NOAA's public access web site, our optional WDT feed (the default), or your AllisonHouse subscriber account. Spotter Network members can report their location and view the locations of other spotters.
The RadarScope Pro subscription is an optional auto-renewing subscription for $9.99/year. It provides access to real-time lightning data that animates along with the radar loop and up to 20 frames of radar data, including *extended loops* of Super-Res Level 2 data. Super-Res Level 2 data is still available to all RadarScope users without purchasing a subscription. RadarScope Pro subscribers can also access a data interrogation tool to quickly determine data values for specific radar pixels and an optional dual-pane mode for viewing two radar products side-by-side.
If you choose to buy the RadarScope Pro subscription, it will charged to your iTunes account. The subscription will be auto-renewed within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the same price you original paid. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal disabled via your iTunes Account Settings after the purchase. Once purchased, the subscription cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
Please visit our web site for more information.
- April 21, 2011 New version 1.7.1
- February 26, 2011 New version 1.7.0
- July 28, 2010 New version 1.6.0
- May 22, 2010 New version 1.5.1
- April 23, 2010 New version 1.5
- January 09, 2010 New version 1.4.0
- November 05, 2009 New version 1.5.0
- July 03, 2009 New version 1.3.1
- April 27, 2009 New version 1.3.0
- December 17, 2008 New version 1.2.0
- October 09, 2008 New version 1.1
- September 22, 2008 New version 1.0.2
- June 25, 2011 New version 1.7.1
- October 06, 2011 New version 1.8.0
- March 26, 2012 New version 1.8.1
- May 30, 2012 New version 1.9.0
- June 07, 2012 New version 1.9.2
- July 24, 2012 New version 1.9.3
- October 16, 2012 New version 1.10
- October 30, 2012 New version 1.10.1
- March 12, 2013 New version 2.0.0
- April 12, 2013 New version 2.0.1
- April 30, 2013 New version 2.0.2
- July 17, 2013 New version 2.0.6
- September 24, 2013 New version 2.1.0
- October 03, 2013 New version 2.1.1
- November 26, 2013 New version 2.1.2
- July 09, 2014 New version 2.2
- July 23, 2014 New version 2.2.1
- September 11, 2014 New version 2.2.2
- September 22, 2014 New version 2.2.3
- October 22, 2014 New version 2.2.4
- April 09, 2015 New version 2.3
- April 27, 2015 New version 2.3.1
- April 29, 2015 New version 2.3.2
- August 25, 2015 New version 2.4
- September 13, 2015 New version 2.4.1
- November 17, 2015 New version 2.4.2
- December 02, 2015 New version 2.4.3
- March 23, 2016 New version 3.0
- April 27, 2016 New version 3.0.3
- June 30, 2016 New version 3.0.4
- July 12, 2016 New version 3.1
- July 15, 2016 New version 3.1.1
- July 21, 2016 New version 3.1.2