Pocoyo Playset Math Fun Park is a fun and engaging educational application which allows kids to learn about adding and subtracting through playing with the variety of games and activities included.
Children experience the excitement of amusement park rides as they explore adding and subtracting to and from 10 as they help the characters ride roller coasters, zoom down water slides. The fun is enhanced by use of the math vocabulary, introduced in both Spanish and English, and applied as the children solve simple addition and subtraction problems. Children are encouraged to support their learning by using physical objects (fingers or drawings) and virtual manipulatives to help them solve the math problems.
With the support of this unit children will:
• Demonstrate an understanding of addition and subtraction by solving addition and subtraction problems, to/from 10, with an emphasis on problems to/from 5.
• Explore and respond to everyday math situations appropriately.
• Understand that simple counting is also adding (by 1), counting back is also subtracting (by 1), and adding or subtracting zero changes nothing.
• Learn and use mathematical language related to addition and subtraction (e.g. plus, minus, take away, altogether, etc.).
• Build fluency in oral English
Enjoy watching your children learn and have fun!
Co-created in partnership with Hispanic Information and Telecommunications Network, Inc.
- July 02, 2016 Initial release
- July 07, 2016 New version 1.1
- July 26, 2016 New version 1.2
- August 14, 2016 New version 1.3
- November 05, 2016 New version 1.7