Looking for a fight? Brawl Quest captures all the fun of retro arcade beat-‘em-ups, but chucks in a more modern, cartoonish style and some wacky characters to boot. Just released by indie developer ThinkBIT, the game features a roster of playable fighters with which to clean the steets of bad guys and bosses in over 50 stages.
These helpful tips will ensure you get the most out of your brawls, whether you want to maximise your coin count or recruit some pets pronto.
• Remember your fighter types: Brawl Quest features rock-paper-scissors fighter types, with each type having either a 15% damage advantage or disadvantage against another type. Before you enter a stage, check the suggested fighter type to send in based on the sort of thugs awaiting you
• Log in daily: After completing area 2-1, you’ll unlock daily quests. These are a quick and easy way to gain additional gold coins and gems, which can be used to level up and unlock new content, including pets (more on them below). Even just logging into Brawl Quest regularly gets you some freebies; the premium shop has a free loot box given away to all players daily, providing you’re there to collect it
• Get your paws on pets: Pets act as a sort of living talisman, imparting boosts to your fighters’ stats. Aim to get through area 2-6 as fast as you can to begin unlocking your own animal companions. We recommend saving up 200 gems to unlock a third pet slot
• Dispatch your brawlers: Once you’ve completed area 2-10, you can start sending brawlers out on quests to bring back loot. Not all dispatches will be successful, but you can improve your brawlers’ chances by paying attention to their fighter type and level.
• Top up your energy: If you’ve run out of energy, spend some coins at the vending machine for more, as well as other useful items for levelling up.
Put our advice into action and let those fists fly. Brawl Quest is out now for free on Android and iOS (coming out mid-February).
This article issponsored as part of Steel Media Preferred Partners.