For the past few days I’ve been lucky enough to kick the tires of Real Racing 2, the successor to the multiple award winning racing game. Real Racing for iOS really pushed the boundaries of what a mobile device can do rivaling the best that the PSP can offer. Real Racing 2 takes the core of it’s predecessor and amps it up in pretty much every way. Better display, more races, real licensed cars, and an amazing 16 player online multiplayer racing mode. 16 players! On a mobile phone! And it’s way more than what a PSP can offer.
So, how is it? Well you’ll have to wait for our full review next week. For now, enjoy this teaser video showing the game in action.
Real Racing 2 will be available on December 16th for $9.99. Here’s a full list of features straight from Firemint:
Real Racing 2 features include:
- 30 officially licensed cars
- 16 car grid against AI, and 16 player online racing – an iOS first
- Career mode with well over 10 hours gameplay and a range of event types
- Earn in-game currency to buy and sell cars, and buy upgrades
- 5 game modes: Career Mode, Quick Race, Time Trial, Local Multiplayer (8 players), Online Multiplayer (16 players)
- 15 locations with 40 miles of highly detailed race track
- Vehicle damage
- Online Save Game
- Game Center and Cloudcell integration, multiple profiles
- Wide range of control options
- HUD with minimap that can be turned on or off
- 5 camera angles including fully 3D cockpit view, and TV style replays
- Powered by Firemint’s exclusive Mint3D™ engine
Be sure to click through to the full post for some sweet screens of Real Racing 2!
Tagged with: Firemint, game, racing, real racing 2