Following Pokemon Go Fest 2021, it's time to look ahead to August and the events that will take place in Niantic's AR game throughout the month. There's a new Research Breakthrough encounter, 1 PokeCoin bundles and a bunch more.
From Sunday 1st August to Wednesday 1st September, players will encounter a Chimecho in Research Breakthrough Encounters. In addition, players will continue to earn double XP for completing a Research Breakthrough as part of the Season of Discovery.
Elsewhere, players can purchase a Remote Raid Pass and other items every Monday in a bundle that costs 1 PokeCoin, which could come in handy for catching Dialga and Palkia, who will appear in five-star Raids throughout the month. Dialga will appear until 6th August and Palkia after that day until 20th August.
On top of that, the following Pokemon will appear in Mega Raids:
- Mega Charizard X – Now until 6th August
- Mega Ampharos - 6th August – 20th August
- Mega Beedrill - 20th August - 26th August
- Mega Pidgeot – 26th August - 1st September
Meanwhile, a Spotlight Hour will take place every Tuesday from 6 pm to 7 pm local time. The Pokemon featured and bonuses on offer include:
- 3rd August – Magnemite – Double Stardust for catching Pokemon
- 10th August – East Sea Shellos – Double XP for catching Pokemon
- 17th August – West Sea Shellos – Double Candy for Catching Pokemon
- 24th August – An unnamed Pokemon – Double the Candy for transferring Pokemon
- 31st August – Another unnamed Pokemon – Double XP for evolving Pokemon
The August Community Day will take place on 14th and 15th August and features Eevee, while Ultra Unlock Part 2: Space will start on 6th August and run until 17th August. Finally, on 26th August, players can participate in GO Battle Night from 6 pm to 11:59 local time.