SwapMe is an interesting concept; it serves as a clearinghouse for console gamers to trade games for free, and it now has an app for iOS devices.
This new app gives users the ability to list games they’re looking for, search for the games they want, offer up those they’re looking to get rid of, and exchange trade offers with other users. It also offers options for both local (i.e. no mailing necessary) trades as well as nationwide.
SwapMe is available for free on the App Store.
- One-touch sign-up via Facebook/Twitter.
– Intuitive automatic search engine seeks out people who want the games you have for trading.
– List the games you want and SwapMe Games will find people who have those games on offer.
– Send and receive trade offers for free. Don’t like an offer? Send back a counter offer with different games.
– Receive instant notifications for trade offers.
– User ratings help you find users with positive trading history.
– Find local users for face-to-face swaps, or search nationwide and send your trades via post.
– Barcode scanner for fast and easy game entry (North America only).
– Filter to see only the console titles you’re interested in.
– Built-in database allows trading of over 9,000 games for Nintendo Wii, Wii U, 3DS, DS, PS Vita, PSP, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
– SwapMe Games respects user privacy by allowing them to send and receive swap offers via an anonymous user name. Users choose to share an email address or a phone number with another user ONLY after a swap offer has been accepted.