Yamaha has released a new application called Song Beats, an app that lets you play the drums along with your favorite songs. Song Beats provides you with a visual representation of a drum set and shows you which drums to hit and when to hit them during a song. There are over a thousand songs available in the app's shop and you can also use any Yamaha MIDI song you own by using iTunes File Sharing.
- Glowing rings make it easy to see which drums to hit and when to hit them, so you can learn to play along with your favorite songs. Hit the corresponding drum when the glowing ring reaches the edge of the drum.
- Skill test: Evaluate your drumming skills, with a three-level result for each drum.
- You can connect to the Yamaha electronic drum DTX series (to use the skill test and for playback of song data from the drum kit)
* Connecting to a drum kit requires i-UX1. In case of iPhone5, iPod touch(5th generation) and iPad mini, please use them with Apple Lightning to 30-pin Adapter. See the Yamaha website for details of supported devices.
- mixing drums : Mix the drum sounds you want to hear by using the mute feature, and create simplified drum beats for practice or performance.
- changing the tempo: Change the tempo of any song to match your skill level.
- A-B looping: Set loop points to repeat and practice difficult beats in a song.