Fans of the tower defense genre will be happy to hear that Sentinel 3: Homeworld is near completion and will be released before the end of Autumn. For most fans of the genre, the Sentinel series (Sentinel: Mars Defense, Sentinel 2: Earth Defense) is near the pinnacle of genre excellence, and has been well reviewed by just about every publication in existence. As far as fixed path TD's go, the series has been hard to beat.
The new app will include:
- A completely new campaign featuring 20 levels
- A powerful new commander unit which can level up and gain new abilities as you play!
- Over 20 unlockable turrets, orbital weapons, automated drones and abilities at your disposal.
- Customize your weapon loadout in the Armory to match the demands of the mission.
- Full high-resolution Retina display support!
- Endless modes for all maps, with online highscores.
- Classic mode allows you to compete for scores in a pure skill-based game mode.
- Support for social gaming networks for achievements, global scores, friends and more using OpenFeint and GameCenter.
- New exclusive music by the creators of the Sentinel 2 music - Specimen A.
- Completely reworked and revamped game engine.
As of now there aren't any screenshots and not a ton of information to be found so be sure to follow @Origin8 or check back to their website for coming details.