In this day and age it is near impossible to have a job where you are not working under the thumb of some management figure. Heck, sometimes you have a manager even if you are a manager yourself! The corporate game of checks and balances often falls to the brains running a project, along with their ability to justify every step followed along the way. Often times team leaders resort to using Microsoft Project ‘s unwieldy software suite. I can speak from experience and testify to the product being a nightmare to use. What if there was an iPad app that could do all of the heavy lifting for already overburdened project managers?
Developer FourthFrame Technologies saw this niche market, and decided to design a product that specifically meets the demanding needs of the field. Simple Genius Project Pro has been architected from the ground up to be your one stop solution for all things management, touting features such as:
- Create multiple projects and manage a portfolio of active projects
- Create a task schedule for each project with table and Gantt-style views
- Create and manage Action Items for each project
- Create and manage Risks for each project
- Associate Action Items and Risks with tasks in a project schedule
- Set a cost for each task and view cost-to-date, cost-to-go, and total cost
- View and study the overall schedule for your suite of active projects
- Produce customized reports for projects, team members, and a group of projects
- Email a variety of PDF reports directly to the project team or stakeholders
- Export or email project data in XML format
It is remarkable how flexible the tool is at meeting any potential need that could arise. Looking for detailed timelines? Simple Genius has your back. Worried about planning your project’s budget? Once again, all of your bases are covered. There is even the ability to export reports that can be used to meet any requirement you could ever encounter.
This could very well be the Swiss Army knife of management tools, so why not give it a shot? Just be sure that you are in it for the long haul, otherwise the hefty forty dollar pricetag might throw you for a loop. I guess that is what the company expense account is for, though.
Released: 2011-02-01 :: Category: Business
Tagged with: $39.99, FourthFrame Technologies, Microsoft Project, preview, project management, Simple Genius Project Pro