Have you ever been saddled with a printed document that you didn’t want to be troubled with actually having to store? While I have never had this issue, I am sure that there are businessmen worldwide that are inundated with useless documents, forced upon them on a moment’s notice. Instead of shoving said wastes of the rainforest into your briefcase, wouldn’t it be great to be able to scan the documents in an instant and then file the paper away in everyone’s favorite circular filing cabinet?
Belgium based app developer Creaceed seems to be thinking along a similar wavelength and in response, developed their amazing new OCR application, Prizmo. Optimized to run on an iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, Prizmo makes scanning of receipts, whiteboards, business cards, and regular text a breeze, using the same technology that you carry in your pocket.
Here is a trailer where the full functionality of the app is shown in-depth:
A brief trailer cannot truly explain all of the advanced features that Prizmo touts, so here are what they list as some of the key features:
• Input Options: iPhone’s camera, import from the Photo Album, copy/paste from other apps.
• Image processing: rotation, crop, perspective correction, white picker…
• Highly accurate OCR technology in 10 languages: English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish.
• No Internet connection required for image processing and performing OCR. No confidential data sent.
• Text-to-Speech available through In-App Purchase: 35 high-quality voices in 10 languages for reading scanned texts. Each voice is around 20 MB.
• Many Export Options: copy the recognized results as a text, send scanned documents and vCards using iPhone’s native mail application, Dropbox & CloudApp integration, text translation (Google Translate)…
• Document Viewer
• Stylish UI, with full support of Retina display
While I may not be a globe trotter, I could see businessmen taking a serious interest in the translation services. Just imagine being able to translate documents on the fly, while trying broker a deal in a foreign country. This functionality alone could be a deal-maker for many, so I have no doubt it will be a huge success.
As crazy as this may sound, this article is still just glossing over the surface of what functionality Prizmo brings to the table. If you are so inclined, they have taken the time to break down all of the technical specifications on the app’s official homepage. If it can live up to even half of the promises it makes, Prizmo should instantly become an irreplaceable tool any entrepreneurs arsenal.
Tagged with: Creaceed, ocr, Prizmo, scanning