Oh Lego, is there anything that you cannot do? Whether you are a child making fantastical contraptions that have no basis in reality, or a grown man completing your own scale model of Star War’s Death Star, these amazing little plastic bricks have been amusing masses for decades. Thanks to the success of brands like Lego Star Wars or Lego Harry Potter, they are suddenly now a force to be reckoned with in the gaming space as well.
After choosing to forgo the licensed game route this time around, Lego recently debuted their newest game as a universal binary in the App Store: LEGO Ninjago Spinjitzu Scavenger Hunt. Based around their new Cartoon Network series and top battling game (yes, that’s right I said TOP BATTLING), players are pitted against eachother in a digital arena where they look to spin the competition into oblivion. Here is a breakdown of the game’s features:
- Follow Sensei and his ninjas in training (Kai, Cole, Zane and Jay) as they fight to protect the land of Ninjago from Garmadon and his evil skeleton army.
- Win coins and unlock new gear for your ninja by going on a scavenger hunt to local toy stores to scan real-life Ninjago boxes for weapons, equipment and other ninja essentials.
- Master spinjitzu on your Apple device — tap your ninja to get him spinning super fast, then tilt your device to send him crashing into your enemies!
- Fight your enemies in hand-to-hand spinjitzu combat!
- Build your own unique ninja and take him into battle against Garmadon and his henchmen.
Probably the neatest idea at use in this game is the ability to simply scan the boxes of the Ninjango brand toys, so that you can unlock exclusive content in the game itself. I am also going to go out on a limb and guess that this is where the “Scavenger Hunt” in the title comes from. Either way, the app is free and there is no necessity to actually purchase the toys to receive unlocks, so this is certainly going on the top of my “must download” list.
Take it out for a test “spin” and let us know what you think.
Tagged with: free, lego, LEGO Ninjago Spinjitzu Scavenger Hunt, Ninjago Spinjitzu, review