The development continues to progress for HearthStone: Heroes of Warcraft and new details have been released on some of the features that will be available in the game.
Gold is the currency that players will earn by completing quests, which will give them the opportunity to purchase card packs or entry into the Forge. Players will also earn experience, whether they win or lose, and leveling up as a specific class will earn them basic class-specific cards, though sharp looking golden versions can be earned eventually.
New cards and card updates have also been shared over on HearthStone’s official blog site, along with the addition of new card frames that helps make each class stand out.
- Vaporize now triggers when an enemy minion attacks your hero.
- Illidan Stormrage redesigned—you may want to grab some fire resistance gear for this change. For 6 mana, Illidan is a 7/6 minion that has the ability: “Whenever you play a card, summon a 2/1 Flame of Azzinoth.”
- Onyxia has a new power: “Battlecry: Summon 1/1 Whelps until your side of the battlefield is full.” Many whelps! Handle it!
- Mind Vision now costs 1 mana and copies a card from your opponent’s hand.
- Mind Control Tech has lost his mind and has built a new, more polished one. His new power reads: “Battlecry: If your opponent has 4 or more minions, gain control of one at random.
Last week, Blizzard also released a new gameplay trailer of a Fireside Duel between two Blizzard employees. Check out this Druid vs Rouge trailer!