Goby Technologies, the company behind the recently released iOS app, Goby, claims that with its new app, “you’ll never be bored again.”
With the app, you can find stuff to do near you. The app works in conjunction with your Facebook profile and suggests things for you to do based on your Facebook interests. You can of course use the app without logging into Facebook. Instead, you’ll have to manually configure your interests, so that Goby knows what to suggest. But by logging into Facebook, the whole process is seamless and fast.
Goby has numerous categories, including the following:
- Musical artists
- Event venues: stadiums, concert halls, museums, libraries
- Nightlife: bars, concerts, theater, casinos, etc.
- Outdoor Recreation: hiking, biking trails, parks, etc.
- Adventure & Extreme: surfing, skateboarding, etc.
- Family Fun: bowling, zoos, playgrounds, etc.
- Sightseeing & Tours: walking, boat, bike tours, etc.
- Arts & Culture: historic, galleries, museums, etc.
- Health & Fitness: spas, swimming, yoga, etc.
All together, there are over 340 different categories of things to do. Of course, just how much stuff users find to do nearby depends on where they live. Still a pretty useful app, and considering it’s free, it it’s quite impressive.Blog
Tagged with: Goby