Facebook 3.0 has finally been approved and is in the app store, much to the delight of Joe Hewitt, the Facebook engineer who submitted the update to apple. I won't go into his issues with the app store, but needless to say, he's not a fan of the review process. Regardless, after a solid two week wait, Facebook 3.0 is here, and it's quite nice.
It has quite a few small but worthwhile fixes, but the major thing, at least to me, is the inclusion of video from the iPhone 3GS. It's a pretty logical inclusion to me, but I'm sure AT&T is peeing themselves due to what I'm sure will be ridiculous bandwidth usage.
If you don't have it yet, go ahead and download the Facebook app from the app store. It claims that it is version 2.5... but it lies... you'll get a shiny new copy of 3.0. Apparently you just can't handle the truth.
For a full rundown of the update features, click on the jump.
This is the "What's New" text that will appear on the App Store.
- See your upcoming Events and RSVP
- See your friends' birthdays
- See Pages and post updates and photos to Pages you administer
- Write Notes and read your friends' Notes
- Upload videos from an iPhone 3GS
- Upload photos to any album
- Complete photo management (create albums, delete albums, delete photos, delete photo tags)
- Change your Profile Picture
- Zoom into photos
- Like posts and photos
- See the same News Feed as the Facebook website
- Visit links in a built-in web browser
- See all of your friends' friends and Pages
- See mutual friends
- Easily search for people and Pages
- Make friend requests
- Become a fan of Pages
- Quickly call or text your friends
- Create shortcuts to your favorite friends and Pages
- Friends sorted by first or last name according to your settings
- Chat friends sorted alphabeticaly