Ebay updated its universal iOS app yesterday to help simplify and streamline the process of buying and selling on the go. The new version includes more editing tools, extra guidance on categories, pricing, and shipping, and the ability to save multiple listing drafts.
• iPhone 2.7 and iPad 2.2 feature new advanced search capabilities with auto-complete
• The apps also include an improved checkout experience – it’s faster, easier, and simpler to buy what you want when you want it
• New single-screen view to review and confirm payments so buyers on a mission to make a purchase can get what they want as quickly as possible
• eBay apps for iPhone and iPad now also allow guest checkout, giving first time shoppers the option to pay via credit card, with PayPal still being the quickest option to purchase
• New category, pricing, and shipping guidance make it easier and faster for new sellers to list items
• The apps will now save draft versions of multiple listings so customers can start their listing on an iPhone/iPad and finish on the web and vice versa
• New photo module makes it easier for users to add and edit photos (note: iPhone only)