It’s unfortunate that we’ll almost never see DJ Hero on the iPad. It was an ideal game for such a device but as it sold rather poorly for the various consoles, it’s probably never going to happen. Still, this is an ideal time for a game such as Playpen Studios’ Skillz: The DJ Game.
Looking distinctly like an iPad equivalent of DJ Hero, Skillz offers a career mode as well as full mixing using crossfades, scratching and samples. The touch screen interface ensures that it’s simple to get to grips with and a series of achievements and unlockable venues and playable characters keeps the game fresh. Tracks recently revealed for launch include:
• Kid Cudi Vs. Crookers – “Day ‘N’ Nite” Vs. Hoxton Whores – “Friday Saturday Love”
• Mr Scruff – “Test The Sound”
• Roots Manuva – “Witness (1 Hope)”
• Roots Manuva – “Buff Nuff”
• Guilty Simpson & Oh No – “Futuristic” feat. MED
• Poirier – “Wha-La-La-Leng” feat. Face T
• Nu Tone – “Never Together” feat. Logistics
• “Stones Throw Megamix 1” featuring tracks from artists including Dam Funk, James Pants, and Oh No
• “Stones Throw Megamix 2” featuring tracks from artists including Maker, Lazer Sword and Cx kidtronic
• “Om Megamix” featuring tracks from artists including King Kooba, Andy Caldwall and Chuck Love
• “Ninja Tune Megamix” featuring tracks from artists including Blockhead, Ty, Mr Scruff and Roots Manuva
There’ll be 25 tracks in all.
Check out the gameplay video below. Skillz: The DJ Game is out soon and we’ll be sure to cover it.
Tagged with: DJ Hero, Music, Rhythm, Skillz: The DJ Game