Later this week, the XCOM 2 Collection will finally make its way to iOS. XCOM: Enemy Within has long been a high watermark of strategic depth on mobile, but the game has gotten quite long in the tooth. Feral Interactive's work on XCOM 2 Collection looks to change that by providing a mobile experience that feels fresh and modern to the second entry of Firaxis's reimagined XCOM series.
All that said, porting XCOM 2 Collection is no easy task. Check the video above to see a full video of a mission in the game running on an iPad Pro 11" (2018), and read on below for what you need to know about XCOM 2 Collection ahead of release.
XCOM 2 Collection requires iOS 13.1 or later and runs on the following devices:
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X and later
- All iPad Pros released since 2017
- All iPads released since 2019
XCOM 2 Collection is a hefty install, coming in at 8.24 GB. For that space though, you are getting the full XCOM 2: War of the Chosen experience, plus four DLCs:
- Resistance Warrior Pack
- Anarchy’s Children
- Alien Hunters
- Shen’s Last Gift
- There is no multiplayer included in the game, though there it may be added at a later date.
- iCloud saves are supported, as are save transfers between the mobile and PC versions.
- There is no mouse/keyboard support.
- The Android version of XCOM 2 Collection is not slated to release until next year.
XCOM 2 Collection is currently up for pre-order on the App Store and has an expected release date of November 5, 2020. Upon release it will cost $24.99. Make sure to check out our review of XCOM 2 Collection when it releases!