Tag: Vectrex »
The Vectrex home console came out in 1982, and was the first console to use vector instead of raster graphics. It also didn't connect to the TV, but to its own monitor. Shocking! You can grab it today for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and play Minestorm, the game that came with the original console as well.
• Original Vectrex unit, authentic sounds, game box art and history of the Vectrex
• iCade compatible
• Game Center support, with leaderboards, achievements and challenges!
• Use additional iPhone/iPad as a controller over WiFi
Ways to play:
• Play Minestorm and selected indie games for FREE
• Buy the 'Mega Pack' to unlock all the original games, iCade and WiFi controller for just $6.99
• Buy 'paid' indie games - priced individually
Touch Arcade's resident retro-gaming expert, Blake Patterson, has the details on Vectrex Regeneration, a Vectrex in an app, coming soon.
For those not familiar, Vectrex was very unique in the home gaming world of the 1980s. It had it's own vector display and it's own unique games. It was completely standalone, and completely awesome.
The Vectrex Regeneration app will include all of the games that were available for the original Vectrex. Member's Only jacket and parachute pants not included. Look for it soon, but not soon enough for this Vectrex fan.