How To Train Your Dragon was a surprisingly great movie. So much so that it’s spawned a fair number of spin-offs across multiple forms of media. All of it seems to have culminated in School of Dragons: a new MMO for the iPad from Knowledge Adventure.
School of Dragons is about what you’d expect from a free-to-play MMO based on an animated film about dragons. You’ll get to meet Hiccup, Toothless, and pretty much everyone else you’d want while completing missions, raising and training your own dragon, and making friends with other players. What’s interesting (aside from the fact that it’s licensed from an awesome movie and is full of dragons) is that it also aims to be educational. While completing quests players will actually start to learn about science. Life science, space science, earth science, and more are interwoven with the gameplay in the hopes that you’ll have fun and learn at the same time.
School of Dragons is available now for the iPad.
• Visit with familiar friends like Hiccup, Toothless and others from the “How To Train Your Dragon” franchise. Discover new friends as you progress in the School of Dragons!
• Play on your mobile device, Facebook or computer — SEAMLESSLY. This cross-platform gameplay experience is one of the first of its kind!
• Master flying with Toothless, Meatlug and all the other hero dragons in Flight Club!
• Gameplay revolves around science – Life, Earth and Physical sciences, and simple machinery. Learning is rooted in the Next Generation Science Standards, one of the first games to employ this.
• Use your tablet to race your dragon against dragon trainers worldwide to win rewards and glory!
• The vast world of Berk beckens you with activities such as learning to fly your dragon, fireball shooting practice, farming , fishing and so much more!
• Create your own, unique avatar. You will also get to adopt your own dragon and customize its appearance from a multitude of choices.
• Socialize with your friends or meet new ones in this fantastic, expansive universe!