Fans of Star Wars: Commander are in for some good news: Disney and Lucasfilm are updating the game with a time-limited campaign called "Secret Alliances."
The new campaign brings a host of new units and features; per the press release:
Campaign Reward units include:
· Johhar Kessen Hero Unit: Former senator Kessen's custom sniper blaster, "Karina," deals extreme damage to soft targets. While he can out-range many static defenses, his ability to damage them is low.
· A-Wing Starship Strike: The Rebel Alliance uses A-Wing starfighters to support ground forces. Their powerful weaponry employs an advanced targeting system, concentrating firepower to dispatch particle shields. (Requires Starship Command)
· HWK-290 Starship Strike: Originally manufactured without weapons, this HWK-290 freighter was outfitted to drop incendiary bombs. The bomb blast affects a moderate area, making it most effective against infantry, but also very capable for attacking enemy HQs.
· TIE Advanced Starship Strike: A newly developed advanced prototype of the TIE Starfighter line, these starships are equipped with a highly sophisticated target tracking system, making them extremely useful against shields. (Requires Starship Command)
· VT-49 Decimator Starship Strike: Receiving command of a VT-49 Decimator is considered an honor in the Imperial Navy. Used as a raiding vessel, this ship drops firebombs which burn a moderate area. It is most effective against infantry, but also very capable for attacking enemy HQs.
· Contraband: A new currency called "Contraband" will be introduced with this build. Players will be able to unlock a new, powerful unit that can only be leveled up using this currency.
· Traps: Players will be able to place three new traps around their base as a defense mechanic. Traps will have to be 'reloaded' using currency once they have been used to defend a base in battle.
We had an opportunity to formally review Star Wars: Commander last year. It's available for free (with optional in-app purchases) on the App Store now.