Star Wars: Commander is getting its biggest update yet - this time with interplanetary travel and planetary conflicts.
Tag: Disney »
Star Wars: Uprising, by Kabam, Disney, and Lucasfilm, continues the indomintable series following "Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi" - but now it takes place before "The Force Awakens."
Disney Color and Play is a 4-D mobile coloring book for kids. Now your favorite Disney characters such as Mickey Mouse, Sofia the First, Baymax, and Elsa will pop off the page exactly the way you colored them.
To use the app, just color a special Bendon coloring book or in-app purchased coloring pages and then hold your iPad's camera over the image. Disney Color and Play comes with tools, colors, patterns, and stickers to add to any page along with mazes, word searches, and jigsaw puzzles.
You can check out all the coloring fun in Disney Color and Play for free.
Cinderella Free Fall, by Disney, is the newest of the Free Fall match-3 games. You'll get to be the slipper-misplacing princess herself, Cinderella, as her story unfolds over 100 challenging levels.
To win you'll have to match luminous butterfly jewels in long strings, but don't fret as you'll have powerful wish magic and your lovable animal friends Gus and Jacqueline to help you along the way.
Cinderella Free Fall was inspired by Disney’s upcoming live-action film, Cinderella, and you can download the game today for free on the App Store.
Ever dreamed of being a Jedi? Maleficent? Elsa? Well now you can. Disney has released a new app called Show Your Disney Side, which lets you transform into your favorite characters. All you have to do is take a selfie with the app, adjust the markers, and then try on costumes to your heart's content.
Show Your Disney Side includes characters from Frozen, Star Tours, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Villains of Disney Parks. You can share your new self with friends and family right from the app. And if you share your creations or visit Disneyland or Walt Disney World, you can unlock special Haunted Mansion characters.
Show Your Disney Side is free on the App Store, so go ahead and download it today to transform yourself with some Disney magic.
Fans of Star Wars: Commander are in for some good news: Disney and Lucasfilm are updating the game with a time-limited campaign called "Secret Alliances."
The new campaign brings a host of new units and features; per the press release:
Campaign Reward units include:
· Johhar Kessen Hero Unit: Former senator Kessen's custom sniper blaster, "Karina," deals extreme damage to soft targets. While he can out-range many static defenses, his ability to damage them is low.
· A-Wing Starship Strike: The Rebel Alliance uses A-Wing starfighters to support ground forces. Their powerful weaponry employs an advanced targeting system, concentrating firepower to dispatch particle shields. (Requires Starship Command)
· HWK-290 Starship Strike: Originally manufactured without weapons, this HWK-290 freighter was outfitted to drop incendiary bombs. The bomb blast affects a moderate area, making it most effective against infantry, but also very capable for attacking enemy HQs.
· TIE Advanced Starship Strike: A newly developed advanced prototype of the TIE Starfighter line, these starships are equipped with a highly sophisticated target tracking system, making them extremely useful against shields. (Requires Starship Command)
· VT-49 Decimator Starship Strike: Receiving command of a VT-49 Decimator is considered an honor in the Imperial Navy. Used as a raiding vessel, this ship drops firebombs which burn a moderate area. It is most effective against infantry, but also very capable for attacking enemy HQs.
· Contraband: A new currency called "Contraband" will be introduced with this build. Players will be able to unlock a new, powerful unit that can only be leveled up using this currency.
· Traps: Players will be able to place three new traps around their base as a defense mechanic. Traps will have to be 'reloaded' using currency once they have been used to defend a base in battle.
We had an opportunity to formally review Star Wars: Commander last year. It's available for free (with optional in-app purchases) on the App Store now.
Now you can once again play as the intrepid Dirk the Daring as he fights to save Princess Daphne from Mordroc, the evil wizard. This time, Dirk must rely on a less than reliable time machine to find her before Mordroc can force her into marriage. The app allows you to play through the Original version or the new Director’s Cut - complete with an alternate ending. Will you save Daphne in time or have to face your furious Mother-in-Law and disappointed children?
You can download Dragon's Lair 2: Time Warp HD for $4.99.
Disney Interactive has launched their latest app, Disney Inquizitive, which provides fans with a centralized destination to take Disney quizzes.
The app features categories such as Fantasy & Villains, House of Mouse, Action & Adventure, Style, Love & Friendship, and Throwback. More than 60 quizzes are already live, including:
Who is Your Lion King Spirit Animal?
Which Disney Princess Should Be Your BFF?
Which Golden Girl Are You?
Who Should Be You Star Wars Sidekick?
Which Pretty Little Liar is Your Style Twin?
Which Disneyland Ride Are You?
Disney Inquizitive is available for free on the App Store now.
On November 6, Disney will be releasing their new film Big Hero 6. If you can't wait you're in luck, because they've released Big Hero 6 Bot Fight today to get you pumped up. [Editor's Note: Is that supposed to be some sort of joke about the inflatable protagonist? Because if it is I approve!]
The game expands the story of the film as the street thug Yama uses a secret AI-chip to improve his Bot fighter, “Little Yama”. Little Yama goes berserk during a Bot Fight Tournament and infects other bots with its violent programming. The player must then team up with Big Hero 6 to take down Yama and save San Fransokyo.
Big Hero 6 Bot Fight is a match-3 puzzle adventure where you collect and level-up Bots to create the ultimate team. The game includes over 150 unique Bots and allows players to partner up with friends to complete missions and earn rewards.
You can download Big Hero 6 Bot Fight for free on the App Store today.
The scientists of a secret Imperial research facility on Dandoran have reported an "oopsie" - there's outbreak of zombie Death Troopers!
Star Wars: Commander, by Disney, is getting “The Sickness” Campaign for Halloween. Undead Stormtroopers, infected by an Imperial bioweapons project, are terrorizing the Empire and the Rebellion alike.
The update includes 3 new enemies: Death Troopers, Scout Death Troopers, and Heavy Death Troopers. Both sides are also getting new ships. The Rebel Starship Strike - HWK–290 is a freighter outfitted with incendiary bombs to crush infantry units while the Empire Starship Strike - VT–49 Decimator uses firebombs to wash an area with flame.
You can pick up Star Wars: Commander for free on the App Store, and The Sickness will start spreading this Thursday (10/30).
Want to know all about how impressed we were with Radiator Springs? Check out our Cars: Fast as Lightning review!
Cars: Fast as Lightning is a cute and fun app that combines racing and town-building with the charisma and marketability of Disney Pixar's Cars franchise. It's a friendly game, but that doesn't mean you can't use a few tips to help you make Radiator Springs shine again.
- Complete quests to earn rewards - Quests queue up on the left side of the screen when you're not racing. Quests offer rewards like experience and coins, and they're a good way to get back on track if you've been meandering from task to task.
- Pay attention to the difficulty meter before you race - Each car you engage in a race has a difficulty measuring from one to four. Make sure to race within your rank if you don't want to waste gas on a loss.
- Place attractions on the track to earn more experience with races - Don't neglect putting attractions on race tracks. They earn you a bit of extra experience with every race, plus they make the joint look classy.
Three powerhouses, DeNA, Disney, and Lucasfilm, have joined together to develop the upcoming Star Wars: Galactic Defense. The tower defense game is rooted in the Star Wars universe and lets the player choose their allegiance between the light and the dark side.
The game will have four different factions, 100 battle scenarios in locations such as Hoth, Tatooine, and Endor, and over 30 different iconic Star Wars characters for you to control. Destroy wave after wave of enemies in both single player mode and online social events where you can earn rewards with rare bonuses. As you play you will be able to level-up your forces and develop your own strategies. Will you focus on forces skills or drive towards more powerful weapons?
There is no set release date as of yet, but it is said that the game will be coming out later this year. You can pre-register on the Star Wars: Galactic Defense website to help unlock bonus content when the game comes out.
A 'Frozen' takeover event has arrived for Disney's Club Penguin - the first event to arrive for the mobile version of the social network for kids.
Players will start the party off by discovering all of Elsa's magic snowflakes hidden around the island. Once that has been done, members will earn the ability to transfer into Olaf or Marshmallow and freeze objects. All the while an Ice Palace will be constructed, and once complete players will be able to visit and hear a special version of "Let It Go." Alongside all of this, members will also be able to dress their character in Olaf, Sven, Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff-themed outfits.
Club Penguin is available to download from the App Store now for free. The 'Frozen' event ends on September 3rd.