If there is one thing that Apple has been known for since the launch of the iPod, it’s connecting the audience with their music. After all, this entire tech revolution from Apple hinged around the success of a certain media player, if we’re not mistaken. So, as can be imagined, music quality has been a key feature of all iOS based devices since day one.
The problem is that Apple’s specific suite of software has grown somewhat stale in the actual media player department, lacking many of the features that can be found in other devices. Fortunately SRS Labs saw this glaring discrepancy and stepped in with the release of their new playback tool, MyTunes.
Aside from the obvious feature of being able to play music, here are some things of note:
- WOW HD – The heart of audio enhancement. Easily switch between tunings for all kinds of listening devices that includes headphones, speakers, car audio, and the internal device speakers.
- Normalize – Never have to adjust the volume again. This tech puts all of your music to the same level when you play it.
- EQ – Gain access to a 3-band and a 10 band EQ. For simplicity you can just choose a preset and we’ll take care of the rest.
- Driving Mode – Interface optimized for using the media player quickly.
- DJ Transitions – Let the player DJ to you and change from one track to the next just like they do in dance clubs.
- Player – Have full access to an enhanced player that offers streamlined search, scan, and play controls.
- Custom album art – If a song is missing album art we’ll provide art based on the genre.
The idea of a three and ten band mixer alone is enough to get many onboard, so be sure to give the app a look. There is a free preview available now, with a fully functional version of the tool unlockable for $4.99. Ears deserve to be pampered, and this is certainly a step in the right direction.