Now playable on iPhones as well!
Thank you for your feedback, we also fixed some bugs that occurred on certain iPads.
Dark times are imminent: the king’s abduction throws a once peaceful land into turmoil. Being the chosen one elected by the king himself you embark on an adventurous journey to free him from the hands of the evil duke.
But time is of the essence!
- Roguelike turn-based strategy meets RPG on a hexagonal battlefield.
- On every game start the world is rebuilt with different environments and encounters;
- More than 4 diverse and procedural environments
- Hire 9 individual mercenaries to take on bandits, wildlife and malevolent knights
- Utilise the unique class skills of the archer, wizard, scout and others
- Gather resources, level-up your companions and collect mighty equipment
- Alternative endings
Will you save the king before the time runs out?
What the Media says
„Crowntakers strikes a really good balance between simplicity and complexity. It has just as much pick up and play appeal as lighter roguelike fare while offering a bit more to chew on.“
Shaun Musgrave, toucharcade, 4,5/5 stars
„Crowntakers is a tough combination of turn based strategy and Roguelike. It's quite satisfying, though.“
Jennifer Allen, 148Apps, 4/5 stars
„How many acronyms can you cram into a single game? Crowntakers is a PDL TBS RPG (that is, a procedural death labyrinth role-playing game with turn-based strategy combat) (…) and it’s really good fun if you like games like Final Fantasy Tactics.“
Michelle Star, CNET
5/5 - If you like turn based tactical medieval rpg's get this. Not as much story/length as final fantasy tactics, but frankly on iDevices I consider that a win. Bite sized battles, winnable in a day on easy, challenging on hard, good replay value. Only crashed once on 1st gen mini
5/5 - This is worth your money. You get a polished game, tactical battles, and thoughtful choices in exploration. Also big points for splitting the game into two difficulties. One being sort of roguelike with permadeath and the other much more RPG without permadeath and with consistent leveling. If you're thinking about this one, you'll probably thoroughly enjoy it like I do!
5/5 - This game should get much more hype. I've been playing it non-stop in my free time for over a week. Despite some bugs (which the dev's have been very quick to address), Each game feels quite different with the random locations within areas, random loot and different party builds. It's not easy at first, but learning different strategies as you go is enjoyable. Highly recommend this game!
5/5 - Big fan of this game. The battles are very tactical and the map navigation is really streamlined and fun to explore. This is a good one for any rogue-like fans. It's not super punishing, but it does present a nice challenge on the normal mode (haven't beaten it yet, but I hope a hard mode unlocks after doing so).
- April 01, 2015 Initial release
- April 02, 2015 New version 1.1.2
- April 15, 2015 New version 1.1.3
- April 27, 2015 New version 1.1.4
- May 22, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- May 26, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- June 05, 2015 New version 1.1.9
- June 18, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- July 26, 2015 New version 1.1.12
- November 21, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- November 30, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- January 16, 2016 New version 1.1.13
- January 18, 2016 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- January 26, 2016 New version 1.2
- March 02, 2016 New version 1.2.2
- June 30, 2016 New version 1.2.3
- June 30, 2016 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- July 09, 2016 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- November 10, 2016 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- January 04, 2017 New version 1.2.5