I. Am. So. Sorry.
I know there was a terrible crashing bug in 1.55 and I've been stressing out trying to figure out what was causing it. I *think* I've solved it. I ended up being able to reproduce a crash on one of my iPads and I fixed it. So hopefully that was the only crash. If you update to this version and are *still* getting a crash, please reach out to me at [email protected] or on twitter at @wtrebella with info!
Holy cow I feel so bad.
What has gotten into me?
Promise I will try my best,
For I have not forsaken thee
Special bonus guest poem by user Diflachebeh who was kind enough to leave Pivvot a five-star review even though he/she was getting the one-star-deserving crash bug:
"It's mad fun but as soon as you open the app. It crashes. But not to worry as they will fix it as always and give us a poem. Probably something like.
The game is fun.
Even with bugs.
Now it should run.
Now I give you hugs."
Diflachebeh, I applaud you for such a glorious poem and generous review.
Pivvot is a thrilling game of strategic avoidance that will consistently test and challenge your ability to make quick, impulsive decisions.
As the game progresses, you will have to rely on your instincts and problem-solving skills to navigate down the winding path for survival. With its intensity, minimalistic design, and puzzling logic, Pivvot is sure to keep you guessing at every turn.
NINE GAME MODES
• Voyage: Travel through increasingly challenging levels of obstacles
• Endless: Survive as long as possible while the game gets progressively faster
• Expert Voyage: Uncover new, more challenging obstacles
• Expert Endless: Avoid the expert obstacles as the increasing speed tests your limits
• Berserk: The ultimate challenge: chaotic, frenzied, and unrelenting
• Random Endless: Like Endless but random and faster!
• Random Expert Endless: Like Expert Endless but random and faster!
• Looper: Do loops. Get points. Don't die.
• Daily Challenge: You get one shot per day. Don't mess up!
• Increasingly challenging gameplay with thirty different obstacles to conquer
• Nine game modes
• Procedurally generated path: every game is different!
• Four custom-composed, high energy songs
• Simplistic, minimalistic art style and gameplay
• Universal support
• iCloud syncing between devices
• GameCenter leaderboards
• Share replays of your game via Facebook, Email, or Twitter
"The game is undoubtedly worth its asking price and if you're looking for an arcade-style thrill that is instantly accessible, Pivvot is for you."
— Mike Wehner, TUAW
"This game really caught me by surprise... This is an example of what I like to see in a mobile game."
— Justin Davis, IGN
"Pivvot is one of the best games I’ve gotten my hands on for this year so far. It’s delightfully simple, catchy, and challenging, yet it’s so addictive — you’ll keep coming back for more, even when it gets difficult."
— Christine Chan, AppAdvice
"If you like minimalist arcade games with airtight controls—and you don't mind tearing your hair out from its roots—do try Pivvot."
— Mark Brown, Pocket Gamer
"I'm already finding myself trying, retrying, and then retrying again to make it just a wee bit further than my last run in Pivvot, so I think Whitaker is on to another winner here."
— Jared Nelson, TouchArcade
- June 01, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- May 21, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- May 17, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- May 05, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- October 22, 2014 New version 1.57
- September 25, 2014 New version 1.55
- August 20, 2014 New version 1.54
- April 02, 2014 New version 1.42
- March 22, 2014 New version 1.41
- March 13, 2014 New version 1.40
- January 09, 2014 New version 1.32
- December 31, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- December 19, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- December 17, 2013 New version 1.31
- December 14, 2013 New version 1.30
- October 17, 2013 New version 1.20
- October 11, 2013 New version 1.11
- September 19, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- September 12, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- August 01, 2013 Initial release