148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: SWING AROUND! :: Read Our Full Review >>
Pivvot is a game of strategic avoidance that takes the frantic challenge of Super Hexagon and makes it just a bit more cerebral.
• Added numbers to the sensitivity and volume sliders in Settings. Now you'll be able to know exactly what your favorite Sensitivity number is.
• Made Berserk a bit more zoomed out on the iPhone and a bit more zoomed in on the iPad. Hopefully this will make inter-device leaderboards a bit more fair.
• Fixed bug in Voyage modes that would maintain your death count even after you beat the mode (now it goes back to 0 when you do)
• Fixed some issues with OpenKit, Facebook, and GameCenter logins
• OpenKit login shouldn't pop up every time if you don't login
• Fixed some performance issues (if you still see problems, make sure you turn off Replays in Settings)
• Made the Everyplay button in Settings show Pivvot replays instead of ALL game replays
• Fixed the "More Games" and "Buy Soundtrack" links to hopefully not get as many iTunes errors
• I think I've fixed most of the crashes but you may still see some crashing on iOS 5.1. I've pinpointed the problem but it's going to take me a bit of time to solve. Until then, try booting up the app in airplane mode.
Bugs bugs, everywhere.
What have I become?
My game was full of awful code.
At least I've fixed it some.
App DescriptionPivvot is a thrilling game of strategic avoidance that will consistently test and challenge your ability to make quick, impulsive decisions.
As the game progresses, you will have to rely on your instincts and problem-solving skills to navigate down the winding path for survival. With its intensity, minimalistic design, and puzzling logic, Pivvot is sure to keep you guessing at every turn.
SEVEN GAME MODES
• Voyage: Travel through increasingly challenging levels of obstacles
• Endless: Survive as long as possible while the game gets progressively faster
• Expert Voyage: Uncover new, more challenging obstacles
• Expert Endless: Avoid the expert obstacles as the increasing speed tests your limits
• Berserk: The ultimate challenge: chaotic, frenzied, and unrelenting
• Random Endless: like Endless but random and faster!
• Random Expert Endless: like Expert Endless but random and faster!
• Increasingly challenging gameplay with thirty different obstacles to conquer
• Five unlockable game modes
• Procedurally generated path: every game is different!
• Four custom-composed, high energy songs
• Simplistic, minimalistic art style and gameplay
• Universal support
• iCloud syncing between devices
• No in-app purchase
• GameCenter and Facebook leaderboards
• Share replays of your game via Facebook, Email, or Twitter
"The game is undoubtedly worth its asking price and if you're looking for an arcade-style thrill that is instantly accessible, Pivvot is for you."
— Mike Wehner, TUAW
"This game really caught me by surprise... This is an example of what I like to see in a mobile game."
— Justin Davis, IGN
"Pivvot is one of the best games I’ve gotten my hands on for this year so far. It’s delightfully simple, catchy, and challenging, yet it’s so addictive — you’ll keep coming back for more, even when it gets difficult."
— Christine Chan, AppAdvice
"If you like minimalist arcade games with airtight controls—and you don't mind tearing your hair out from its roots—do try Pivvot."
— Mark Brown, Pocket Gamer
"I'm already finding myself trying, retrying, and then retrying again to make it just a wee bit further than my last run in Pivvot, so I think Whitaker is on to another winner here."
— Jared Nelson, TouchArcade
October 18, 2013 New version 1.20
October 01, 2013 New version 1.11
September 28, 2013 New version 1.1
September 12, 2013 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
August 01, 2013 Initial Release