148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: SWING AROUND! :: Read Our Full Review >>
Pivvot is a game of strategic avoidance that takes the frantic challenge of Super Hexagon and makes it just a bit more cerebral.
What's NewFixed: Bug where turning device upside down would result in many on-screen buttons not working
Fixed: Bug where sometimes it would get stuck in a weird portrait orientation
Turn it upside down.
Turn it on its side.
Doesn't matter now!
So take it for a ride.
App DescriptionChosen as one of the App Store's Best Games of 2013!
Pivvot is a thrilling game of strategic avoidance that will consistently test and challenge your ability to make quick, impulsive decisions.
As the game progresses, you will have to rely on your instincts and problem-solving skills to navigate down the winding path for survival. With its intensity, minimalistic design, and puzzling logic, Pivvot is sure to keep you guessing at every turn.
NINE GAME MODES
• Voyage: Travel through increasingly challenging levels of obstacles
• Endless: Survive as long as possible while the game gets progressively faster
• Expert Voyage: Uncover new, more challenging obstacles
• Expert Endless: Avoid the expert obstacles as the increasing speed tests your limits
• Berserk: The ultimate challenge: chaotic, frenzied, and unrelenting
• Random Endless: Like Endless but random and faster!
• Random Expert Endless: Like Expert Endless but random and faster!
• Looper: Do loops. Get points. Don't die.
• Daily Challenge: You get one shot per day. Don't mess up!
• Increasingly challenging gameplay with thirty different obstacles to conquer
• Nine game modes
• Procedurally generated path: every game is different!
• Four custom-composed, high energy songs
• Simplistic, minimalistic art style and gameplay
• Universal support
• iCloud syncing between devices
• GameCenter and Facebook leaderboards
• Share replays of your game via Facebook, Email, or Twitter
"The game is undoubtedly worth its asking price and if you're looking for an arcade-style thrill that is instantly accessible, Pivvot is for you."
— Mike Wehner, TUAW
"This game really caught me by surprise... This is an example of what I like to see in a mobile game."
— Justin Davis, IGN
"Pivvot is one of the best games I’ve gotten my hands on for this year so far. It’s delightfully simple, catchy, and challenging, yet it’s so addictive — you’ll keep coming back for more, even when it gets difficult."
— Christine Chan, AppAdvice
"If you like minimalist arcade games with airtight controls—and you don't mind tearing your hair out from its roots—do try Pivvot."
— Mark Brown, Pocket Gamer
"I'm already finding myself trying, retrying, and then retrying again to make it just a wee bit further than my last run in Pivvot, so I think Whitaker is on to another winner here."
— Jared Nelson, TouchArcade
September 27, 2014 New version 1.55
August 25, 2014 New version 1.54
May 25, 2014 New version 1.42
March 14, 2014 New version 1.40
January 12, 2014 New version 1.32
December 31, 2013 New version 1.31
August 01, 2013 Initial Release