148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: COMPELLING WORDPLAY :: Read Our Full Review >>
Create words to attack monsters and enjoy becoming stronger and stronger.
What's New* added one new weapon and one new tile set to the bonus shop
* added 52 more words to the dictionary, including CANADA, MEXICO, JAMAICA, several other country names, several Canadian province names, etc.
* fixed crash when awarding book XP under a very specific set of circumstances
* fixed bug with positioning of green heal text for Grimm
* fixed bug where time for time trials would start ticking down immediately when entering stage if paused game or clicked retry - now waits until reach first monster
* fixed bug where enemy weaknesses weren't being used in calculation of best word for twitter
App DescriptionSpell words to fight your way through 40 stages in this addictive word game. Join Grimm on his amazing adventure through a world full of monsters and treasure!
Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey features:
● Easy to pick up and play
● Upgrades, books, potions and special items to help you on your journey
● Leaderboards - compete with your friends
● 20+ monsters to fight
● Boss monsters with unique abilities
● 60 quests to complete
● 40 stages, with 3 unique ways to play each one
● 48 Game Center achievements
Please note: the name of the game has been changed to Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey. It is the same game as before (although we added lots of cool stuff!).
Finding the game too difficult? Make sure to check out the upgrades store, especially the first 3 upgrade types - they increase your max health, increase the damage you do by spelling words, and decrease the amount of damage you take from monsters. Some players have been saying the game is too hard by around stage 10-15, but hadn't purchased a single upgrade! So please visit the upgrades shop every once in a while to give Grimm a fighting chance!
“You'd be silly not to check this game out, especially if you enjoy word games.” - Shaun Musgrave, Touch Arcade (4.5/5)
“This is easily the best free-to-play game I’ve played since Jetpack Joyride.” - Fade To Slack, Delta Attack (5/5)
"Finally a word game that ranks up with the likes of LetterPress and Puzzlejuice." - Joachim Klaeschen, www.stromstock.de (4.5/5)
“[Letter] Quest: Grimm’s Journey is a blast to play.” - Jennifer Allen, 148Apps (4/5)
“It’s a cool, relatively stress-free take on word games, and anyone who likes pushing letter tiles around should check it out.” - Evan Killham, Cult of Mac (5/5)
“If you’re a fan of word adventure type games, then this is a perfect addition to your collection this weekend.” - Christine Chan, App Advice (4.5/5)
“If you’re a fan of fun and fresh genre mashups such as Puzzle Quest, then you’ll want to enroll in this word-based side-scrolling RPG.” - Voted "Today's Best App", Casey Tschida, AppAdvice
“If you like word games and you like damaging scary monsters, you’ll love [Letter] Quest: Grimm’s Journey.” - Newsdesk, apple4ladies.com
"In a world where the average app is uninstalled 15 minutes after it is downloaded – [Letter] Quest is going to be installed on my devices for a long time." - Shane R. Monroe, Green Robot Gamer
PLEASE NOTE: Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey is free to play, but there are some items that can be purchased for real money. You can disable this feature by disabling in-app purchases in your device's settings.
Want more info about Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey or curious about what else we're working on? Follow us on Twitter or Like us on Facebook:
Found an issue while playing the game? Drop us a line at bugs at-symbol-goes-here baconbanditgames.com and we'll look into it, post-haste!
March 11, 2014 New version 1.05
March 03, 2014 New version 1.04
February 09, 2014 New version 1.03
February 05, 2014 Initial Release