Crossword Dungeon v1.1.2 is a content-focused update, bringing over 100 new words, a new monster, better UI feedback, and a few bug fixes.
Here is a more thorough list of the major changes:
- Added over 100 new words.
- New monster: The Kobold.
- Logo slightly tweaked for better readability.
- “You Win” tweaked for better readability.
- “Game Over” tweaked for better readability.
- The player and, if applicable, monster and letter tiles will now jump to better signify when unable to move in the requested direction.
- Tap-holding on Stats and Special Attacks in the Character screen will now pop up helpful informational text.
- Berzerker Rage status now loads properly when continuing a game.
- Hall of Fame now centers properly.
- Monster info on the topmost row and leftmost column now pops up properly.
Descend into the Crossword Dungeon, where every level is made up of a procedurally-generated crossword, and each letter guarded by a vile monster you must best!
Guess the correct letter to instantly dispatch the monster, or risk combat damage if incorrect.
Test your wits against crosswords of increasing complexity and monsters with deadly abilities with one of three classes with their own unique skills:
The Barbarian, a muscled berzerker who lives for the thrill of battle and feeds his rage with the blood of his enemies.
The Ranger, a feared hunter who uses a deadly combination of marksmanship and tracking instincts.
And the Scoundrel, a ne'er-do-well who makes the best of limited resources and subverts enemies' defenses with stealth attacks.
...each in search of riches and glory beneath the Crossword Dungeon.
- June 26, 2014 New version 1.1.2
- May 13, 2014 New version 1.1.1
- April 02, 2014 New version 1.1
- April 01, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- December 07, 2012 New version 1.0.1
- October 23, 2012 Initial release