- Wrong replacements numbers fixed.
- Map zoom runs smoother.
- Sound problems fixed.
- Tiles now change their owner correctly if the units are vanquished during night phase, because of isolation effects.
- Multiplayer desynchronizations fixed.
- You should now be able to see the Combat Legend panel in tutorial.
- Axis units that are isolated at the end of 28th December are now considered destroyed
- Tweaked tournament scores.
- Reinforcements are no longer displaced on friendly but contested spaces
- Air support icon is now displayed in the combat preview.
- Turn indicator during combat bug fixed (this also caused team switch bugs).
- Resign when other player is taking his turn bug.
- Combat half infantry elite defense bonus applies correctly now.
- Tournament scores calculation updated.
Game features added:
- Messaging system.
- Added a desynchronization checker for multiplayer, with the Restart option, which should fix the game state.
"Battle of the Bulge is a must-have for anyone with an interest in historical wargaming. 5 Stars" - TouchArcade
Battle of the Bulge invites you, the player, to lead the Axis or the Allies to victory on the snowy battlefields of World War II. In this turn-based strategy game, you command your forces to capture important locations, secure key supply routes, and engage the enemy. Designed specifically for iOS, Battle of the Bulge captures the spirit of traditional board wargames while providing excellent UI design and accessibility for new players.
Key features include:
• Play against AI opponents with unique personalities
• Play against friends online through Game Center or on one device with Pass and Play.
• Fast turns, deep strategy
• Play scenarios like the quick, tense, fight in the opening days to a campaign covering the entire battle as either the Axis or the Allies
• Learn with the tutorial and quick start guide, or visit our online strategy forums to learn from other players
• Full rules, charts, tables and other information included for advanced players
• Extensive historical photos and commentary
• Universal support for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
• Localized for Spanish and Japanese
• Retina support
• First in a series of WWII titles by legendary designers including: John Butterfield, Ted Raicer, and Mark Herman
Praise for Battle of the Bulge:
“It’s completely nailed the right ways to present a tabletop game in a digital format...” — No High Scores
“Battle of the Bulge is a landmark iPad game. It’s deep without feeling complex, and fun without feeling light. Further, it’s beautiful, both visually and aurally, and so intuitive that you don’t need a tutorial to learn the interface. If you’re at all into turn-based gaming, give this one a try. If you’re not, give this one a try, anyway.” — MobileTechReview
“A game that will make historical strategy diehards swoon, while also being pretty enough, and easy enough to learn, to draw in people who never knew that this was the game they'd been waiting for.” — TouchArcade
“In terms of war simulation games on the App Store, I haven’t seen a better game…” — TUAW
“…a game of considerable majesty awaits you…” — Gamezebo
“Easily the most educational game I’ve ever played.” — Eurogamer
"Battle of the Bulge is as cold, brutal, and unforgiving as the titular conflict, but it's also one of the top choices for hardcore iPad strategists." - Pocket Gamer UK
- December 13, 2012 Initial release
- January 09, 2013 New version 1.0.3
- February 18, 2013 New version 1.1.0
- February 23, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $6.99
- February 26, 2013 Price increase: $6.99 -> $9.99
- March 05, 2013 New version 1.1.1
- May 15, 2013 New version 1.2
- May 21, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $6.99
- May 27, 2013 Price increase: $6.99 -> $9.99
- October 17, 2013 New version 2.0
- October 17, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $5.99
- October 24, 2013 Price increase: $5.99 -> $9.99
- November 27, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- December 04, 2013 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- December 19, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- January 14, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- January 31, 2014 Price increase: $3.99 -> $9.99
- December 01, 2014 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- December 02, 2014 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- December 18, 2014 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- January 04, 2015 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- September 20, 2015 New version 2.14
- September 20, 2015 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $8.99
- September 25, 2015 Price increase: $8.99 -> $9.99
- October 27, 2015 New version 2.16
- December 09, 2015 New version 2.18
- June 30, 2016 New version 2.19
- June 30, 2016 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- July 06, 2016 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99