148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: CREATE, DESTROY, REPEAT :: Read Our Full Review >>
Create or destroy pixelated worlds, electrical devices or perpetual machines in this open-ended playground.
What's NewBug Fixes
App DescriptionPlay God & Create Worlds with Life or Destroy everything within a tap of your finger!
Awards Received: BEST OF WORLD-BUILDING GAMES (iTunes), BEST OF GAMES: HIDDENS GEMS (iTunes) and TOP GAMES – IF YOU LIKE MINECRAFT (iTunes)
-- UPDATE 1.995 NEW SANDMIX VOL.2 CAMPAIGN + BUILDINGS ELEMENTS --
The Sandmix concept is back with a second campaign! Once again, play new 9 exclusive levels of mixed genres: gaming, pixel art, music, action, puzzle... showing the most recent Humans abilities. Can you solve them all?
Place some buildings everywhere to enhance your crafted worlds: they are now accessible from the Elements menu!
Play the best of mini-games created by other players, access them directly in the Online Gallery via our new "Top Games" button!
-- PRESS REVIEWS --
"Pixowl is working on the next big thing since(...) Minecraft." 148apps
"The Sandbox is a fantastically inventive mobile game that encourages players to create entire worlds and works of art!" Cult Of Mac
-- GAME PRESENTATION --
Imagine crafting your own world (complete with amazing Pixel Art), playing with Humans, Ninjas or Zombies, composing your own music and much more! The universe is yours to create or destroy, and the only limit is your imagination!
The Sandbox lets you create little pixel worlds, it's like Minecraft style in 2D.
Start from scratch with basic building blocks like stone, water and soil. Grow plants, raise mountains, generate life and gain access to advanced tools for crafting more and more complex elements. Before long, you’ll be able to access non-organic elements like metal and light bulbs, allowing you to populate your universe with creations both natural and technological.
UNLEASH YOUR IMAGINATION
● Millions of possibilities. Infinite landscape designs. Countless different chemical reactions. Nothing is beyond your reach!
● Embrace your inner Pixel Artist to create or recreate amazing masterpieces and compose your very own chiptunes melodies with varied music instruments!
● Bring life to your creations and watch them evolve, eat, destroy and die
AND NOW, A SLEW OF EXCITING FEATURES:
● Over 160 elements to combine for different physic effects!
● 16 exciting campaigns -- a whopping 242 game levels in all!
● Add an intelligent life-form to your worlds: Humans!
● Change their behaviour using Magic Powders and turn them into a Miner, Builder, Hunter, Woodcutter, Zombies, Safari guys, Spacemen or even Robots!
● Play with the controllable elements: Ninja, Avatar, Snake… and create your video game levels!
● Cruise around in your sport car, transport elements with a truck, destroy the land with your tank… or ride throughout space in the Lunar Lander!
● Recreate the Jurassic Period with dinosaurs and volcanoes! Protect your dinosaurs from extinction or recreate the BIG BANG and make them disappear!
● Try our new Blueprints and add awesome real-life wonders to your worlds: the Eiffel Tower, Chichen Itza, the Pyramids, the Statue of Liberty -- even a Crashed UFO!
● Wreak havoc with powerful explosions with TNT or C4! Light up the sky with fireworks or the Galaxy Invaders!
● Create amazing chain reactions with several sensor types, including liquid, light and temperature!
● Craft worlds featuring unique Laser and discover their powers once combined with different gems!
SHARE YOUR CREATIONS WITH THE WORLD
● Create your universe and then share it in The Sandbox’s Online Gallery
● Search in the Online gallery to see other players' creations (more than 600.000 worlds!)
● Rate other players’ worlds and add elements too.
An entire universe in the palm of your hand!
-- FOLLOW US --
Note: Pixowl and The Sandbox are not affiliated in any ways with Mojang or Minecraft trademarks.
August 04, 2014 New version 1.996
July 16, 2014 New version 1.995
June 28, 2014 New version 1.991
June 17, 2014 New version 1.990
May 21, 2014 New version 1.950
April 23, 2014 New version 1.900
November 30, -0001 Initial Release