148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: PLANET BLOCK :: Read Our Full Review >>
The Blockheads draws influences from Minecraft and other open-world exploration games, but its fantastic controls help make it easy to play, and extremely addictive.
What's NewHuge TRAINS & TECHNOLOGY update! New steam trains and handcars can zip around on vast rail networks. New copper wiring and electric workbenches and generators give you faster methods of crafting that use less fuel, and unlock new items. See the world through new eyes, with the beautiful new HD textures available for purchase. The new cave troll is a formidable enemy found deep in caves, but the new bow & arrow and tin and iron armor will help your cause. And the new magical portal chests let you transport items instantly across the world, or even take items between worlds! Plus much, much more!
- Adds amazing new steel RAIL & TRAINS!
- Adds electricity, with copper wiring, steam and solar powered generators, flywheels to store energy and more!
- New bow & arrows for ranged attacks
- New tin and iron armor, which will help protect you against the new cave trolls… and...
- Each other! It is now possible for blockheads to harm other players' blockheads in multiplayer.
- Build rail ramps and jumps and launch your blockheads off cliffs on their speedy rail handcars!
- New HD textures let you see your worlds like you've never seen them before.
- New portal chests allow you to transport items instantly within and even between worlds
- Transport items on steam powered cargo trains over long distances between train stations.
- Take all of your blockheads for a ride together with other players in a train of passenger cars.
- New electric furnaces, kilns and metalwork benches which unlock new items to craft, use less fuel, and are 50% faster
- Adds an electric stove to cook more advanced meals which keep your blockheads full for longer.
- Adds silicon, black sand, black glass and magnets, and display cabinets which are like shelves, but other players can't get in and steal your stuff.
- Craft pig iron to get more iron ingots from ore.
- Find new Ice torches and ice armor with a cooling effect to protect against heat.
- You can now warp in up to 5 blockheads!
- Newly placed beds, signs, chests, shelves, trains and workbenches are now owned by whoever placed them, and cannot be picked up or directly removed by other players. They also no longer despawn.
- New server command to reset the owner of a username
- Banning users now also black lists their device, so they cannot reconnect with a different username and IP
- Water freezing and melting no longer causes an increase in water volume
- Added new moderator category to servers that can only list, ban/unban, kick, and whitelist/unwhitelist other players.
- Admins and hosts can now pick up and use all items regardless of who the owner is. Placing any picked up item re-assigns ownership to the host/admin. Dropping any item removes all ownership.
- It is now possible to hang workbenches and chests on back walls and stack them above each other
- Removed ability to purchase ore/coal/oil/ingots from portals, it was a bit too much like cheating.
- Fixes a bug where all blockheads could occasionally instantly lose all health (the heart attack bug)
- Fixes issues with pathfinding, including falls when digging ceilings or removing ladders, and queued actions getting canceled when they shouldn't be.
- Fixes issue allowing people to log in as someone else on iOS 7, or when they were marked (AWAY)
- Kicked/Banned players' blockheads are now removed from the world instantly.
- Now only one username can be active on a given server from a given device at one time.
- Fixes issues where items could get lost or duplicated when exiting the game.
- Numerous changes to tech tree and where things are crafted, with some new upgrades.
- Added buttons to use the current item/eat/wear/take photo etc. next to the inventory as well as above the blockhead.
- Many performance optimizations
- Fixed long standing bug where chili and corn plants couldn't have just the fruit harvested by harvesting top square.
App Description"On an iPhone or iPad, the 2-D, side-scrolling block-based sandbox is a winning formula, and The Blockheads is the most well-executed, true-to-Minecraft game I've had the pleasure to experience on iOS." - TouchArcade (5 Stars)
"The Blockheads takes the Minecraft experience and shrinks it down in a way that just works on a touchscreen. There are shades of Lemmings here too, and they blend together to make a sweet game about discovery, exploration, and creation." - Pocket Gamer (Gold Award)
Night is falling and your blockhead is freezing.
You haven't yet made shelter and your campfire has gone out.
All you have is a spade, some wood and a few sticks.
You have only minutes before exhaustion hits.
Do you create a bed, dig a cave or refuel your fire?
What will you do?
Explore, mine, craft and build in this giant and detailed sandbox game. Navigate huge simulated worlds thousands of blocks wide with a full temperature and climate system, seasons, an equator, and frozen poles. Explore complex cave systems and flowing water, and survive deserts and snowy mountain tops. Build, farm, find & craft your way to advanced technology including shops, steam trains, electricity, and more!
Play alone, or with your friends, with local or online multiplayer.
• Control your blockheads in a vast randomly generated world with oceans, mountains, forests, deserts and deep underground caves.
• Keep an eye on their needs - give them sleep, feed them, create clothing and shelter - and they'll be happier, quicker and more productive.
• Craft tools with the resources they find, and they'll be able to work even faster and find more resources.
• Upgrade workbenches and unlock more advanced items to craft.
• Discover precious stones and metals deep underground, or rare plants and animals on the surface.
• Wire your house up with solar powered electricity and cook a fish curry on your electric stove.
• Craft a boat and navigate the oceans using the accurate night sky to guide you.
• Craft swords, armor, and a bow & arrows, and take on a cave troll.
• Make fur clothing and venture to the North Pole.
• Lay rail and go for a ride on a steam locomotive.
• Pick coconuts at a tropical beach.
• Cook meat at a campfire.
• Build a marble palace.
• Paint the walls.
• Plant an orchard.
• Ride a donkey!
October 09, 2013 New version 1.4
September 26, 2013 New version 1.3.2
June 27, 2013 New version 1.3
March 29, 2013 New version 1.2.1
March 12, 2013 New version 1.2
February 13, 2013 New version 1.1.1
January 10, 2013 Initial Release