* Problem with corrupted screenshots in the Save Game window fixed.
* Some balance and scripting tweaks.
"Avernum: Escape From the Pit is an amazing game which will provide hours of fun. I would even go so far as to say it’s a nearly perfect example of a role-playing game." -AppleTell
"8/10" - Inside Mac Games
"Fans looking to get into the Avernum series will do very well with Escape from the Pit, and while the improvements beyond the game engine and visuals are relatively modest, there's still a lot to enjoy even if you've played through the game once before already." - GameBanshee
"The game’s strong writing carries it through, and earns it a place among the greatest indie RPGs. 9.0/10" - Game Chronicles
"It is a tribute to indie gaming as a whole that a game made by such a tiny team can swell into such an involving, engrossing and glorious fantasy epic. - 9/10" - The Digital Fix
"If you're looking for a complex single player RPG and value content at the expense of visuals, don't miss this title. 8/10" - Impulse Gamer
"Spiderweb Software have provided a vast world in which to get lost, and a hefty quest in which to sink your teeth, which will reward those who can overlook its lack of finesse with many hours of enjoyable adventure." - Indie Game Magazine
"Take this one with you on car trips, use it to replace your TV shows on summer break, whatever. No self-respecting fan of RPGs should be without it." - Technology Tell
Avernum: Escape From the Pit HD is an epic, indie fantasy role-playing adventure. It is optimized for the iPad and features an enormous world, a fascinating story, and 30+ hours of gameplay. Avernum is the first chapter in an epic tale, the story of imprisonment, rebellion, and the struggle for freedom against overwhelming odds.
Avernum: Escape From the Pit features:
Epic fantasy adventure in an enormous underworld.
Huge outdoors and eighty towns and dungeons.
Three separate game-winning quests. Seek safety, escape or revenge. Do just one of them or all three!
Unique races and settings make Avernum different from any adventure out there.
Dozens of side quests and hundreds of magical artifacts.
Rich game system with over 50 spells and battle disciplines and a multitude of beneficial character traits to choose from.
You have been banished to the underworld, never to see the light of day again.
The surface is ruled by the cruel Emperor Hawthorne, master of the Empire. All of the known lands are subject to his brutal command. Everyone who speaks out, who misbehaves, who doesn’t fit in is cast into the dark, volcanic pits of Avernum, far below the surface. There, you are expected to die, a victim of starvation, horrible monsters, or simple despair.
But not all of the Avernites have surrendered. With magic and steel, they are forging a new nation deep underground. You can join them and fight for safety. Or freedom. Or even, if you dare, revenge on the surface-worlders who tried to destroy you.
- October 13, 2014 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- October 12, 2014 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- July 14, 2014 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- July 11, 2014 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- April 21, 2014 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- April 18, 2014 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- December 28, 2013 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- December 27, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- July 15, 2013 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- July 12, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- February 25, 2013 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- February 22, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- December 03, 2012 New version 1.0.2
- November 26, 2012 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- November 23, 2012 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- September 07, 2012 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- September 02, 2012 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- July 07, 2012 New version 1.0.1
- April 03, 2012 Initial release