148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: BLOCK-BUSTER :: Read Our Full Review >>
Keep those uppity cubes in check in the most direct and efficient manner: through violence!
What's NewRetina display support for the new iPad! The evil Cubes are even more crisp and cunning now.
SURVIVAL MODE & INSANE LEVELS are here at last! With new cubes, new obstacles, new achievements and more!
- 10 all new extremely Insane levels
- 3 endless levels to test how long you can survive
- New Fire Cubes, Shield Cubes, Gravity Cubes, and a couple surprises
- New obstacles and mechanics like portals, meteors, dance pads and more
- 4 challenging new achievements to unlock, plus new leaderboards
Help support future updates with your 5 star reviews!
And follow us on:
App DescriptionNominated for "Most Innovative Game of the Year" in the 2011 Best App Ever Awards, sponsored by 148Apps.com!
Step into the stylized geometric world of Cubes vs. Spheres, a 3D physics action game where you defend against waves of advancing Cubes by flicking powerful Spheres at them. Use 6 unique Spheres to explode, freeze, squash and confuse the Cubes. Can you survive the Cube apocalypse?
Featured as New and Noteworthy on the iPad App Store.
Selected as an App of the Week by G4TV.com's TheFeed.
One of Appolicious.com's "iPhone Games of the Week", aside Contre Jour, Sprinkle, EDGE Extended and iBlast Moki 2.
"iPad App of the Week." - The Appcast
"Gorgeous in its simplicity, addicting with all its unlockables and randomized cube behavior, and just keeps giving players more." - 148apps.com (4.5/5)
"Basically a perfect game." - App-Score.com (9/10)
"A ton of fun with great style." - iLounge.com (A-)
"Brilliant - the Tetris for the 21st Century!" - iTopNews.de (4/5)
"Attractive and addictive... an easy recommendation." - PocketGamer.com (8/10)
"Graphics, audio, gameplay, and controls are all stellar." - iGames Central (5/5)
"Replayabilty is off the charts, and it’s one game that will never leave my device." - TheAppShack (4.5/5)
"There’s something simple and crazily addictive about the gameplay." - SlideToPlay.com (3/4)
"Simple action based fun with a unique setting." - AppSpy.com (4/5)
"This unique sphere-tossing game has awesome cube-explosions, and that's always worth paying for." - TouchArcade.com (4/5)
"Very polished, challenging, and a blast to play." - iTracki.com (4.7/5)
"A very solid 4-Dimple effort." - AppSmile.com (4/5)
"Highly simple, yet cool-looking." - Appolicious.com (Fresh Apps)
Cubes vs. Spheres features anti-aliased 3D graphics, minimalist style for unprecedented numbers of enemies, massive explosions and fast-paced gameplay, utilizing physics and particle effects for the utmost in destructive satisfaction!
- 6 unique upgrades, each with their own strategic advantages
- Awesome chain reactions for big points and big explosions
- Simple swipe and tilt controls
- "The cubes are alive!" - Innovative enemy movement makes each play-through different
- Game Center support with Leaderboards, integrated ranking display and 40+ Achievements
- Beautiful stylized, anti-aliased 3D graphics
- A true physics game, where every explosion has an equal and opposite explosion
Cubes vs. Spheres - It's EXACTLY how it sounds.
Please support indie developers with your 5 star reviews so we can keep the awesome updates coming.
WARNING: Due to the intense 3D graphic requirements, Cubes Vs. Spheres will only work on iPhone 3GS or newer hardware, including iPod Touch 3rd generation and higher, all iPads, and of course iPhone 4.
July 05, 2012 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
December 07, 2011 New version 1.2
September 30, 2011 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
August 31, 2011 New version 1.1
August 18, 2011 Initial Release