New details have been revealed about Modern Combat 5: Blackout's graphical prowess.
The game is set to use a feature rarely seen on mobile titles. It's called Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (or SSAO for short) and is a rendering technique that results in more realistic shadows. What that means for us is that the game looks better and particularly impressive for an iOS title!
Check out the GIF below that highlights just what to expect.
The game is also set to include many other graphical enhancements such as:
• Eye adaptation & Bloom - exposure adjusts in a more realistic manner when moving between light and dark areas
• Soft particles – improved interactions of particles with surrounding geometry
• Underwater distort and caustics – reproduces realistic water effects
• Real-time character shadows – characters cast shadows on geometry in real time
• Heat-haze – air distortion due to muzzle heating after shooting
• Depth of Field – cinematic effect that makes the background appear out of focus so that certain characters or objects in the foreground step more into focus
Modern Combat 5: Blackout is set for release later this Summer.