[Want to know what we thought of all this aging and empiring? Have a look at our Age of Empires: Castle Siege review.]
Just downloaded Age of Empires: Castle Siege despite our review? Here are some tips and tricks on how best to get started, and how to eventually have the best empire out there, hopefully.
- Set yourself up for achievements - Keen on collecting Xbox achievements and always felt a bit grumpy that you couldn’t do that with iOS games? Age of Empires: Castle Siege is the exception. Log in with your relevant details and you can gain achievements as you play.
- The premium currency here is gold. Use it wisely - That means don’t use it for the sake of it. Hold it back for when you absolutely have to, typically later on in the game, rather than when you’re simply impatient.
- Don't forget to set long timers up just before you go AFK for a while - You won't go mad with boredom that way.
- Focus on building walls around your storage buildings - Walls make a huge difference in this game, slowing enemy attack down and keeping you a heck of a lot safer. Where possible, have extra walls around the really important stuff, as well as defensive towers.
- Build a Siege Workshop and the Hall of Heroes as soon as possible - That means you’ll have catapults at your disposal to take out enemy walls, plus a hero with some useful skills available to him.
- Upgrade the barracks but also be prepared to extend things to the University and other military focused buildings - A combination means you unlock more powerful troops than before, with each offering a special benefit depending on the empire you chose to play as.
- Don’t stick around in one Age for no reason - Focus on moving up and getting to the next Age as soon as possible. Every time, you’ll unlock more roads and more walls, plus you’ll be stronger than before.
- Learn your heroes’ abilities - Each empire and each hero offer different benefits and understanding these can make a world of difference to your chances of success. You’ll soon find that you feel an affinity more with some than others, all tying into your gaming style. Train only the best and your favorite because of this.
- Join an alliance - Safety in numbers is a big thing with these kind of games and Age of Empires: Castle Siege is no different. Stick together!
- When fighting it out, pick off the easy buildings first and work on towers that are trying to destroy you - You can draw enemies out sometimes, thanks to having extra control over moving around. Use that to your advantage.
- Focus on Guard Houses or Watch Tower that can spawn multiple enemies coming at you - If you’ve wiped out all opposition, you can easily take down the remaining buildings.
- Use your hero sparingly - They can absorb a lot of damage so they’re great for scouting ahead or distracting the enemy from your other troops. Keep them safe, though.
- Don’t spam attack your enemy - Keep your army spread out and moving. This will keep your enemy unsure of how to approach things and split their troops up too.