This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
We've re-balanced the final chapter of the game. The final Bellower battle has been tuned to be more fair on Normal difficulty settings, and there are more opportunities for obtaining supplies and items in Chapter 6.
Banner Saga 1 has been updated to the latest version of the engine technology, and quite a bit of cleanup has happened under the hood. A few of the improvements seen in Banner Saga 2 have been incorporated into this build.
Added adjustable 'UI Scale' to help readability on smaller devices - go to device's Settings App and use the UI Scale slider.
Upgrade '+' sign shows up on hero icons in heroes tent when appropriate
Extended tooltips in battle
-on stat banner, buffs, and items.
-on hazards such as slag-and-burn, coals, etc...
-Consequences tab shows injured units
-Achievements tab shows new achievements
-Items tab shows newly acquired items
News Ticker on Start Screen
Injured units to not heal during travel, only when Resting in camp/village
Injured units' STR penalty now equals the number of days of injury remaining
Nid now starts at rank 2 when she joins the caravan
Increased loot drop chance for winning the second wave of a battles.
Varl that join the caravan after the Godstone in chapter 3 now have supplies.
Fix issue in Ludin/Vedrfell tutorial getting stuck if ludin has been upgraded
Fix issue preventing class achievements from unlocking
Fix issue causing some resume saves to get stuck when loading
Fix Backbiter Veteran enemy incorrectly using Dagr's appearance
Fix issue with Nid having a negative amount of stat points to spend
Fix Number of Varl in caravan does not increase despite varl choosing to join Iver when leaving Einartoft... now adds 23 varl to caravan
Fix Ubin's caravan does not add fighters or varl to your caravan when joining... now adds 15 fighters, 5 varl, and 40 supplies (rather than 30 supplies)
Added a slider setting for scaling the UI larger or smaller.
Disable the Quit Game button in options for the iOS builds.
Fixed an issue with the battle HUD elements so they scale up/down with other UI.
Added message for when players have iCloud disabled.
Fix for scaling of subtitles.
Update minimum iOS version to 9.0
Fix for Backbiter champion using Dagr's appearance.
Add 'Buy TBS 2' function to start page.
Changed the link for rating the app.
Fix bad quotation marks in Polish text.
Reduce max memory used by heraldry.
Set anim compression values to those used in saga 2. Should fix a bunch of memory-related crashes.
Embark on your own epic journey in Banner Saga, the critically acclaimed tactical RPG where your strategic choices directly affect your personal story and the world around you.
Leave your home and strike out on a desperate journey to save your people. Lead your caravan across stunning environments and into war with enemy clans and vicious Drudge soldiers. Build relationships and make choices that will shape the future of your clan as you scramble to survive in this beautiful, bleak world.
Banner Saga Features:
- A unique fantasy realm inspired by Norse mythology – explore a grim world shaped by the legends of the Vikings. Uncover ancient lore and battle tooth and nail to carve out a new bastion in a world abandoned by the gods.
- Beautiful 2D rotoscope animation - immerse yourself in beautifully hand drawn combat sequences and animations, accompanied by an evocative score from Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory.
- Real choices with real consequences – every decision you make on the trail, in conversation and during combat has a meaningful effect on the outcome as your unique story unfolds.
- Over 25 playable characters with unique personalities – form relationships in and out of combat with a variety of characters from 7 different classes, each with unique abilities and upgrade options to fit your play style.
- Strategic combat with permanent repercussions – choose your warriors, form your strategy and strike. Adapt to a dynamic battlefield where your tactics determine who lives and who dies. Victory, defeat and even the permanent loss of a character depends on the choices you make.
- Winner of the Geekie Award for best Indie Video Game, 2014, Independent Games Festival Finalist for Excellence in Visual Art and Honorable mentions for Design and Audio.
Only your choices can guide your caravan through the harsh winter, past mystical enemies and brutal Viking clans. When the trail is uncertain, can you take the lead?
Download Banner Saga and begin your journey today.
NOTE: Banner Saga does NOT run on iPhone 4. iPhone 4S and more modern devices recommended.
- October 02, 2014 Initial release
- November 08, 2014 New version 1.01
- November 27, 2014 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- December 01, 2014 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- December 25, 2014 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- January 04, 2015 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- February 27, 2015 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- March 08, 2015 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- December 05, 2015 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- June 23, 2016 New version 1.03
- October 06, 2016 New version 1.04
- June 14, 2019 New version 1.06
- June 14, 2019 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- June 16, 2019 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- December 24, 2019 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- January 07, 2020 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99