* Added Glass Fuselage part.
* Added "Smooth Front" and "Smooth Back" options to fuselages.
* Added settings option to run at 60 FPS
* Added support for the iOS Files App.
* Added an explosionScale XML attribute to bombs and missiles (includes torpedos).
* By popular demand, allowed blueprint images to be shown while taking craft screenshots for an upload.
* Fixed an issue with connections that could lead to craft not loading in the designer - if you have any saved craft that would fail to load, try loading them again now.
NOTE: This game requires an iPhone 4s / iPad 2 / iPad Mini 1/ iPod 5 or better.
Build airplanes by snapping parts together, designing wing sections, and attaching engines. At any time, you can strap yourself into the cockpit and see how it flies with realistic physics. If you're not in the mood for building, over 250,000 airplanes are available to download for free.
You have the tools you'll need to bring any airplane to life. Snap parts together to build your airplane's body. Place engines to add thrust. Design and attach wings and then strap yourself into the cockpit and see how it flies.
Over 250,000 airplanes are available to download for free from SimplePlanes.com. Find anything from old WW2 bombers to next-generation fighters to sci-fi spacecraft. You can upload your own airplanes and rise through the ranks from a bronze builder to a gold level builder.
DYNAMIC FLIGHT MODEL
Flight simulation at its finest. Every little change you make in the designer impacts how the airplane flies. Weight distribution, thrust, lift, and drag are all calculated continuously while flying. Parts can break off in spectacular fashion while flying due to over-stress or by hitting something. The fun won't stop there though. You can keep on flying even with a missing wing if you've got the skills.
Use all available parts to build airplanes with no restrictions. The sky is the limit. Literally.
Climb into the cockpit of one of your custom aircraft and see how it does in the challenges. Land on aircraft carriers, dodge surface-to-air missiles, race through courses, and so much more.
Tutorials will help players learn the basics of real airplane design and the considerations that need to be taken when airplanes are made.
- December 11, 2014 Initial release
- December 16, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- March 01, 2015 New version 1.1.6
- March 01, 2015 New version 1.0.6
- March 13, 2015 New version 1.1.8
- May 03, 2015 New version 1.1.11
- September 02, 2015 New version 1.2.12
- September 07, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- September 13, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- September 19, 2015 New version 1.2.13
- September 29, 2015 New version 1.2.15
- January 24, 2016 New version 1.3.6
- May 09, 2016 New version 1.4.1
- June 01, 2016 New version 1.4.5
- August 18, 2016 New version 1.5.2
- September 25, 2016 New version 1.5.3
- July 29, 2017 New version 1.6.2
- July 29, 2017 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- July 31, 2017 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- September 17, 2017 New version 1.7.0
- May 24, 2018 New version 1.7.2
- July 17, 2018 New version 1.7.4
- June 14, 2019 New version 1.8.305
- June 29, 2019 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- August 16, 2019 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- December 22, 2019 New version 1.9.100
- December 22, 2019 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- January 07, 2020 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- June 16, 2020 New version 1.9.205
- October 17, 2020 New version 1.10.104
- October 17, 2020 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- October 23, 2020 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99