Tin Man Games presents Gary Chalk’s Gun Dogs, a gamebook with art by the legendary illustrator Gary Chalk, famed for his work on the legendary Lone Wolf series. Co-creating Gun Dogs is Jamie Wallis of Greywood Publishing.
You have been charged with treason against the Empire and placed on death row. The Emperor offers you a choice: die a slow and humiliating death or serve as a Gun Dog, a soldier assigned impossible missions and tethered by a magical collar. The collar will choke you to death if you disobey your mission orders.
You will be sent where an army cannot go and an angel would fear to tread. You are expendable. You are a Gun Dog.
** REVIEWS **
"Packed with action, intrigue, and gore - and excellently told and illustrated by Wallis and Chalk, respectively - Gun Dogs could well be Tin Man's most accomplished gamebook to date." - POCKET GAMER - 9/10 - GOLD Award!
"In a sense it’s a familiar world for those used to Fighting Fantasy tales, but refreshingly, this is a story one hasn’t traveled along before. It remains at the same level of quality however, with the artwork proving a particular delight. Fans of the Lone Wolf books will particularly appreciate the work, given both come from the same illustrator." - 148 APPS - 4/5
"Presents a detailed and pleasingly old-school fantasy world, bought vividly to life with Gary Chalk’s excellent artwork. Fun and quick to play through, with decent replay value." - GAMEZEBO - 4/5
"The fact that Gary Chalk, the illustrator behind the original Lone Wolf books, is involved in this production is more than enough to get interested in Tin Man Games' newest release. The fact that it's an amazingly-written story is more than enough to keep you playing it over and over again." - DIGITALLY DOWNLOADED - 4/5
** FEATURES **
•Includes all the interactive reading and gameplay features found in the previous Gamebook Adventures titles.
•Take out foes with your Gun Dog’s three-chambered pistol – the latest in the Empire’s technology!
•Awesome artwork by Gary Chalk brings the Empire of the Five Cities to life!
•Read the story and dictate the direction of the story! •Options based on who you have met, where you have visited and what you have found.
•Lots of achievements to collect and artwork to find throughout the book. These are placed on your achievement wall.
•Three difficulty levels. Read the book casually by being able to move around freely or crank up the difficulty and be an advanced gamebook player.
•Auto-mapping tracks your progress across the Steppe!
Gary Chalk’s Gun Dogs has been created using Tin Man Games’ critically acclaimed Gamebook Adventures Engine featuring:
•Read the book horizontally or vertically on your tablet.
•An automated Adventure Sheet to keep track of stats and inventory.
•Realistic physics based dice rolling. Shake your device!
Artwork gallery. Find an illustration in the gamebook and be able to access it full-screen forever.
•Bookmarking system which saves your position in the gamebook, much like putting your fingers between the pages to remember your previous page when reading old-school gamebooks!
•Specially composed soundtrack and sound effects.
- November 27, 2013 Initial release
- December 20, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- December 29, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $5.99
- April 03, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $1.99
- April 09, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $5.99
- April 26, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $3.99
- September 09, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- September 16, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- November 29, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- December 01, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- July 14, 2015 Price increase: $3.99 -> $5.99
- December 15, 2015 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $1.99
- January 02, 2016 Price increase: $1.99 -> $5.99
- June 21, 2016 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $1.99
- November 23, 2016 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- December 03, 2016 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- December 18, 2016 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99