Bug fixes and refinements
The ultimate urban brawler Streets of Rage 2 is now available on mobile! Play free and rediscover SEGA’s side-scrolling classic!
Mr. X is back, and he’s thirsty for revenge! After kidnapping Adam Hunter, Streets of Rage heroes Axel and Blaze join forces with Adam’s kid brother Skate, and wrestler Max to bring him to justice. Utilize all new blitz attacks and breakout moves in a city crawling with criminals and thugs, and put an end to Mr. X’s crime syndicate once and for all!
Streets of Rage 2 joins the ever-increasing line-up of ‘SEGA Forever’, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile!
- Four playable characters, each with unique ‘blitz’ attacks, capable of dealing incredible damage to your enemies.
- Insane cast of end-of-level and mid-level bosses, from jet-pack fuelled psychos, to ‘Big Ben’, the lumbering fire-breathing brawler!
- Eight side-scrolling levels to tussle through – from amusement parks, to munitions dumps, until you reach the Syndicate stronghold itself!
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game.
LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
CONTROLLER SUPPORT: MFi compatible controllers
“The best scrolling fighter you’re ever likely to play.” - Retro Gamer #94 (September 2011)
“Crafted in the style of a fine sculpture.” [97%] - E. Storm, Diehard Game Fan Vol. 01 #3 (January 1993)
“Streets of Rage 2 is without a doubt the finest scrolling arcade beat 'em up on any format!” [95%] - Steve Keen, Computer & Video Games #135 (February 1993)
STREETS OF RAGE TRIVIA
- Known as Bare Knuckle II: Requiem for a Deadly Struggle in Japan
- The Japanese version of the game shows Mr. X smoking a cigar during the final boss scene
- There's no need to fight the jetpack-weilding boss Stealth in Stage 6 – focus your attention on Souther instead!
- Max Thunder was only playable in the 16-bit version of the game, appearing in neither the Game Gear nor Master System versions
STREETS OF RAGE 2 HISTORY
The game was first released on the SEGA Genesis in the US in December 1992
Developed by: Sega CS, Ancient, Shout! DW
Main programmer: Akitoshi Kawano
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
Other than for users known to be under 13, this game may include "Interest Based Ads" and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#2e_Third_Party_Info for more information)
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Streets of Rage 2, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
- August 25, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- August 30, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- October 29, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- October 29, 2011 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- November 22, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- November 30, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- December 20, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- January 09, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- February 15, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- August 16, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- August 21, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- November 30, 2012 New version 2.0.0
- December 20, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- December 10, 2018 New version 3.0.2
- December 10, 2018 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- June 13, 2019 New version 4.0.3
- August 16, 2019 New version 4.0.5
- July 16, 2020 New version 4.1.1
- December 10, 2020 New version 4.1.2