Thanks for playing this GameClub game! GameClub offers a curated catalog of iconic games, with new titles released every week. Subscribers get access to unlimited gameplay, no ads, and no additional purchases — just pure fun.
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements. Let’s play!
"[Gravity Hook HD] provides much of what I loved about Canabalt, only in a vertical climb instead of a side scrolling run... it really is a much better experience with your finger."
- Touch Arcade
"...the presentation here is simple yet exquisite. With hand drawn backgrounds and lovingly-detailed nodes, the art direction manages to be a perfect fit. Baranowsky’s soundtracks are among the best in video games today..."
From the makers of the legendary Canabalt comes this thrilling game of high-altitude action! Use your Gravity Hook to make your way up a treacherous mine shaft, swinging from point to point to reach dizzying heights. Think carefully before you latch onto each point, as one misstep will send you on a one-way trip to the bottom!
As if the forces of gravity weren't enough of a hazard, you'll have to contend with proximity mines, grapple points that drop out of the sky when you hook onto them, and bombs with very short fuses. The safest way forward is to keep moving quickly, but if you stretch your hook too far you won't be able to pull yourself up. Master techniques like the wall-kick to reach higher and higher levels, and take full advantage of your momentum to skyrocket greater distances. Need a change of pace? Try out the Classic Mode for a different kind of climbing experience! How high can you make it before you succumb to the forces of gravity?
One-Touch Controls: Just tap on the grappling point you want to swing to. It's easy!
Deep Grappling Physics: Choose your grappling targets carefully and take advantage of momentum to reach the next one. It's tricky!
Deadly Hazards: Watch out what you attach your hook to. Each type of grapple point has its own properties, and some are quite explosive. It's dangerous!
An Atmospheric Soundtrack: Enjoy an assortment of pumping background music that will put you in the mood for climbing, by indie legend Danny Baranowsky. It's catchy!
Try Classic Mode: If you want to take on a different challenge, check out Classic Mode for a vintage experience. It's old-school!
Gravity Hook - GameClub is playable for free, with some sections and features available only to subscribers of GameClub, an optional auto-renewing monthly subscription which also removes ads. Besides the GameClub subscription, there are no other in-app purchases in this game.
If you choose to purchase the optional subscription:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. No charge will be made for the free trial period.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior of the current period, at the cost indicated.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
- February 18, 2012 New version 1.1.1
- February 24, 2012 New version 1.1.2
- June 23, 2016 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- July 14, 2020 New version 1.2.3