We’ve made a bunch of behind-the-scenes enhancements and bug fixes based on the feedback that you provided. Thanks for playing and as always, happy terraforming!
Use real science from NASA to cultivate life on desolate planets. Think you have what it takes to bring a dead planet to life? Can you settle the stars?
Explore space and terraform new worlds in this immersive idle planet building simulator rooted in real science. TerraGenesis dynamically animates entire planets with changing biospheres, all based on real data from NASA.
The universe is your playground in TerraGenesis! With idle gameplay you can cultivate real planets in our solar system, planets created just for TerraGenesis and even alien worlds! When the world is in your hands, the possibilities are truly endless. If you’re a fan of astronomy, idle games, or resource management games, you will love Terragenesis! Download and start terraforming today!
BUILD A PLANET
- Join one of four interstellar Factions, each with different benefits for building interstellar settlements
- Build entire worlds one step at a time, by creating pressurized habitats for your settlers so they can survive in hostile environments
- Terraform your planet to support human life by managing specific resources of each world, including air pressure, oxygen, sea levels, and biomass
- Melt ice caps to create planet-wide oceans and seed the planet with life
- Track your civilization’s idle progress and your world’s current status with the Stats Summary Page
DISCOVER PLANETS & MOONS
- Learn astronomy and settle planets from our solar system, including Mercury, Venus, Earth & Mars!
- Terraform orbital satellites, including The Moon as well as the Moons of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune
- Build civilizations on fictional planets, including Bacchus, Ragnarok, Pontus, Lethe and Boreas
- Terraform Dwarf Planets, including Ceres, Pluto, Charon, Makemake, Eris and Sedna
- Discover lost secrets on Trappist-1 planets, including Damu, Aja, Huanca, Ruaumoko, Asintmah, Ostara, Aranyani
- Travel through time in the Historical Earths campaign, including Vaalbara, Rodinia, Cambria, Cretacea, Dania, Chibania, and Ultima
- Generate random worlds with complete surface and elevation maps, unique starting conditions and more
- Start with 26 different phyla and add 64 unique genes to create all kinds of amazing organisms to inhabit your world
- Manage your lifeforms as they thrive in both terrestrial and aquatic biospheres
ENCOUNTER ALIEN POPULATIONS
- Discover distant planets in outer space with thriving alien civilizations.
- Choose between making peace or conquering the alien lifeforms.
- Carry out dozens of missions and build your new world based on your alien strategy.
DEFEND FROM ASTEROIDS
- Save your civilization and protect your flourishing planet from the threat of an asteroid attack
- Build a planetary defense network to detect giant asteroids in space, initiate missions to destroy the threat, change the asteroid’s course or develop new strategies to survive certain doom.
BUILD YOUR OWN FLAT EARTH
- Insanity now comes with an on/off switch; flick a switch to turn existing worlds flat.
- Build a flat earth or build other flat planets from our solar system or throughout the universe!
- Hilarious random events unique to flat earth mode!
TerraGenesis is free to play and as an indie game; it was important to us that all in-app purchases are entirely optional and not required for a full and complete experience.
Enjoying TerraGenesis? Learn more!
- July 10, 2016 Initial release
- July 12, 2016 New version 1.2
- July 14, 2016 New version 1.3
- July 17, 2016 New version 1.4
- July 19, 2016 New version 1.5
- July 20, 2016 New version 1.6
- July 21, 2016 New version 1.7
- July 27, 2016 New version 1.8
- August 01, 2016 New version 1.9
- August 12, 2016 New version 2.0
- August 16, 2016 New version 2.1
- August 18, 2016 New version 2.2
- November 06, 2016 New version 2.9.2
- November 22, 2016 New version 3.0
- November 24, 2016 New version 3.0.1
- November 29, 2016 New version 3.0.2
- December 02, 2016 New version 3.1
- December 10, 2016 New version 3.2
- December 22, 2016 New version 3.3
- June 14, 2019 New version 5.0.1
- June 15, 2019 New version 5.0.2
- June 27, 2019 New version 5.0.3
- August 17, 2019 New version 5.1.1
- September 24, 2019 New version 5.1.2
- November 05, 2019 New version 5.1.5
- November 26, 2019 New version 5.1.7
- December 17, 2019 New version 5.1.8
- July 15, 2020 New version 5.9
- October 23, 2020 New version 5.14
- November 12, 2020 New version 5.15
- December 10, 2020 New version 5.16
- March 22, 2021 New version 5.21
- April 16, 2021 New version 6.01
- August 06, 2021 New version 6.08