Tag: Atypical Games »
Radiation City review
Infinite Tanks review
Radiation Island Review
Radiation Island - Tips, Tricks, and Strategies to Get You Started and Keep You Alive
Curious to know how much fun we had trying to hunt habits and avoid zombies? Check out our Radiation Island review!
Radiation Island is a survival game, and as such will have two main categories that its players will naturally fall into: those who think it’s too difficult, and those who think it’s too easy. If you belong to the former, we’ve got some handy tips that should make your first few nights a fair bit easier to handle.
- Grab whatever you can - You’re going to need supplies in order to craft tools and weapons, so make sure you grab everything you see laying on the ground when you’re starting out. This will come in handy very quickly.
- Punch trees - It’s a silly tradition, really, but it’s just as useful here. If you find yourself low on resources and in need of twigs, you can gather them easily by just attacking a tree with nothing equipped.
- Gather from bushes when you can - Large bushes can also be harvested for useful materials. Later on you’ll probably want to use a machete to make things easier but when you’re just starting out bare hands will work just fine. The materials you gather from these bushes will be necessary to craft medicine, bandages, and so on, so don’t ignore them!
- Keep a stack of food on you at all times - You’ll start to get hungry pretty fast, and if you don’t have any food handy you’ll begin to starve in short order. You can find coconuts and pineapples scattered around the beach most of the time, so definitely keep as many on hand as you can.
- Respect the item stacks - Items like food and resources can stack pretty high, so don’t worry about collecting a lot of them. Tools and weapons, on the other hand, do not stack. Keep this in mind when you go out scavenging because inventory space is extremely limited.
- Craft tools as soon as you can - You’ll want at least one axe and one pick so that you can harvest more wood and stone more reliably than hoping you find some laying around. As a bonus, the axe can help you fend off wolves and other hostiles - it’s better than using your bare hands, at least.
- Also make sure to craft a boomerang - It’s a silly little weapon, but it’s simple to craft and is also an important item for the beginning of your game. One hit from the boomerang should kill a rabbit (meat!), and it can be used to weaken a wolf at a distance before it closes in and you’ll have to fight it up close.
- Explore, explore, explore - Keep venturing out to try and find structures to ransack. More often then not you’ll stumble upon items that will aid in crafting more advanced items, or even find better equipment.
- Establish a home base - Find someplace, preferably a building of some kind as it’s less exposed, and use it as your base of operations. It might take some time to craft things like storage boxes and a bed (assuming one or both aren’t already present), but having a place to come back to when it gets dark and being able to dump all your stuff in a central location is incredibly handy.
Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders Has Its Price Shot Down, Becomes The Free App of the Week
Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders has become the Apple Store's App of the Week for this week. This of course means that all the sky raiding action is available to you for free, so there is no gambling away your money! Now go storm the app store and download your copy to begin dogfighting with classic World War II aircraft!
Sky Gamblers: Cold War Review
Sky Gamblers: Cold War Soars Into The App Store
Sky Gamblers: Cold War brings more flight combat action to the App Store, offering 17 different military planes to go along with an expanding single player campaign. Players can experience classic dogfights, high altitude surveillance missions, and the ability to control laser guided missiles in Cold War's campaign. Multiplayer brings even more options to the gameplay, including team death match, defend the base, survival, capture the flag, free for all, and Game Center duels.
Kick the tires and light the fires! It's time to take to the fight to the skies.
Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders Flies In New Planes, Adds Weapons Hanger
Three new planes (Horten Ho 229, Yakovlev Yak-9, Aichi D3A) are now available to take to the skies in the latest Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders update. There is also a new weapons hanger available for customizing your weapons on every plane. Furthermore, for those who enjoy a good show, you now have the ability to use acrobatic smoke to express your flying skills with style.