Not only does upgrading cards considerably increase their stats but it grants you experience which levels you up and improves your towers.
However, you will need to apply some strategy to your approach as upgrading cards gets expensive and gold is relatively limited if you're not willing to fork out on gems. Here's how we recommend you do it.
If gold is tight, upgrade only the cards you use
Lower level cards are very cheap to upgrade, so we'd recommend doing so as soon as possible to compile a ton of quick and easy experience.
However, when they start getting more expensive, we'd recommend then only upgrading the cards you actually use. Read on for a quick rundown on when we'd recommend you stop upgrading unnecessary cards.
Upgrade all commons to level 5 ASAP
Common cards are cheap to level up intil they hit level six when the cost ramps up to 400. That's when you'll need to stop and consider if you're actually going to use them.
We'd recommend that you get all common cards to level five at least though, as it's cheap enough and worth it for the experience.
Upgrade all rares to level 3
Rares are also cheap to upgrade, though they hit the 400 gold thresholdl a little earlier at level three. So, again, only upgrade them further if you actually use them.
Upgrade all epics to level 2
Epics start ramping up in cost from the second upgrade - though it's surprisingly tricky to get even there as you rarely get them in a chest and can't request them from guild members.
- The March update explained
- How to destroy towers
- What's inside each chest
- How to spend your gems
- How to defend
- How to make a good clan
- How to counter the Prince
- How to counter the Baby Dragon
- How to counter the Balloon
- How to start a battle
- How to counter the Goblin Barrel
- How to counter the Fireball
- How to counter the Goblin Hut
- How to counter the Giant
- How to counter the Musketeer
- How to counter the Witch
- How to counter Mini P.E.K.K.A.
- How to counter the Valkyrie
- How to counter the Hog Rider
- How to counter the Barbarian Hut
- How to counter the Skeleton Army
- How to counter the Bomb Tower
- How to counter the Tombstone
- How to counter the Lightning
- How to counter the Inferno Tower
- How to counter the Rocket
- How to pay to win
- How to prepare yourself for victory
- How to stop being a loser
- How to win
- How to play for free
- How to build a good deck with core cards
- How to use elixir effectively
- How to get chests faster
- How to survive The Bone Pit
- The best common cards
- The best rare cards
- The best epic cards