Clash Royale is pretty much all fun and games until you get to the Barbarian Bowl, where you'll need to start employing some strategy to see off your opponents.
Here are some tips to help you push through this arena and on to P.E.K.K.A.'s Playground.
Get Barbarians ASAP
Barbarians are one of the most solid and versatile units in the game, and the Barbarian Bowl is where you can unlock them. Since they are a common card, they should be pretty easy to unlock and upgrade to make them a core part of your deck.
A recommended deck
Here's a recommended deck for Arena 3:
- Spear Goblins
- Baby Dragon
How to use this deck
Air units can really change matches in Arena 3, since you can only unlock three common units that can target them at this point.
If your opponent has a ground-focused game, push with your air units. Otherwise, you can make a ton of really good Elixir trades with most of these units on defence so that you can mount an overwhelming late game push.
Your opening move in this deck should almost always be reactive. Wait until your enemy plays something, then react accordingly while trying to spend less Elixir than they did.
If you want to go first, the Baby Dragon is a good pick as it will give you an idea of what their anti-air solutions are early while also likely letting you damage a crown tower.
Here are all your tools for countering the opposition:
- Barbarians can slow down and destroy most tank units.
- Arrows, Bomber, and Baby Dragon can decimate mobs.
- Spear Goblins, Musketeer, and Baby Dragon can take care of air units.
The great thing about this deck is that it's full of great defensive counters that also double as offensive heavy hitters.
Once you defend successfully and make some favorable Elixir trades, you can bolster your leftover troops to make a fearsome offensive force.
If you ever want to push on someone with limited anti-air options, try to bait those cards out and then play your Balloon. Their towers will go down in no time.
- The March update explained
- How to destroy towers
- What's inside each chest
- How to spend your gems
- How to defend
- How to make a good clan
- How to counter the Prince
- How to counter the Baby Dragon
- How to counter the Balloon
- How to start a battle
- How to counter the Goblin Barrel
- How to counter the Fireball
- How to counter the Goblin Hut
- How to counter the Giant
- How to counter the Musketeer
- How to counter the Witch
- How to counter Mini P.E.K.K.A.
- How to counter the Valkyrie
- How to counter the Hog Rider
- How to counter the Barbarian Hut
- How to counter the Skeleton Army
- How to counter the Bomb Tower
- How to counter the Tombstone
- How to counter the Lightning
- How to counter the Inferno Tower
- How to counter the Rocket
- How to pay to win
- How to prepare yourself for victory
- How to stop being a loser
- How to win
- How to play for free
- How to build a good deck with core cards
- How to use elixir effectively
- How to get chests faster
- How to survive The Bone Pit
- The best common cards
- The best rare cards
- The best epic cards