Want to know what we liked about this virtual pet sim, and maybe a little of what we didn't like so much? Check out our Hatchi 2 review!
So, you’ve downloaded Hatchi 2 and you feel in need of some guidance when it comes to what to do next? Don’t worry! We’re here to help with some general tips and tricks on how best to care for your delightful little pet.
The key is to make sure you keep your pet (or pets) happy and alive. Fortunately, it’s not too hard to do. Four things keep them happy enough.
- Cleanliness - Keep your pet clean whenever their hygiene bar drops. This is just a matter of tapping the shower button then ‘scrubbing’ the pet with one finger. It’ll take a few seconds and your pet will be much happier afterwards. This is particularly worth doing after they’ve had a bathroom break.
- Hunger - Feeding your pet is easy. Pick a type of food and drag it in front of their mouth. The pet will happily munch away at it and be all the cheerier for it. Most food is the same, but experimenting will feel more personal.
- Energy Levels - Like all of us, your pet needs sleep and plenty of it. Make sure you send them to sleep sometimes. There’s a useful tip here for multiple pets, too. Whichever pet you leave active is your dominant pet, meaning the others can be left alone without their bars decreasing. It’s worth remembering so you don’t have to juggle quite so many needs at once.
- Happiness - Happiness is boosted by playing games. We’ll go more into depth with that later, but remember that it doesn’t take long to play a quick game of something and it makes all the difference to your pet’s happiness levels.
Day to Day Care
- A couple of times a day, get into the habit of checking on on your offspring. Follow a pattern such as specific mealtimes.
- Look after your pet in order so you don’t forget anything. I tend to clean up my pet before feeding them, playing with them, then sending them to sleep while I leave the app be and go do other things.
- While you’re at it, work towards some of the achievements available. These are the best way to gain gems that can be used for various useful in-game things.
- The achievements are clearly laid out and cover the usual bits and pieces, such as playing all the mini-games, having more than 10 points in each, and simply looking after your creature. There are gems up for grabs for downloading other games relating to Hatchi 2 as well.
- You’ll probably spend a fair amount of time playing these mini games, purely because they’re the more traditionally game-centric part of Hatchi 2.
- The first game involves dragging a platform around to safely bounce animals from one side of the screen to the other. It’s quite tricky, so practice often to get to 10 points for the sake of an important achievement.
- Next up is a Doodle Jump-style game that’s very easy. Switch the sound off to avoid the very repetitive jump noise.
- A tricky game where you have to tap at just the right strength to get between obstacle is next. Expect it to frustrate you, much like the game that follows it, involving rotating a planet and propelling things away.
- A simple Simon Says game follows, using the same graphics as a match-3 game later on. Both are pretty easy, although getting to 10 on Simon Says might test you.
- An Arkanoid-style game, gold catching title, and tilt-based rolling game won’t tax you in any way and are very straightforward.
Evolution and Breeding
It’s the breeding system that’s going to keep you coming back for more.
- You have to wait for your pet to evolve into an adult creature, for obvious reasons, before you can breed. This will only take a couple of days, luckily.
- Breeding can be done with just your pets or other people’s, the latter being more satisfying. As you’re restricted to Facebook friends, try to persuade a few friends to join in on the fun. Keep at it because there are plenty of gems and achievements to acquire by doing so.
- There are over 25 different pets to discover and it’s going to take you a while to get there. Be patient and persevere. Some of the results are pretty cool!