Updated for iOS 11/ 64 Bit
William Shakespeare's Hamlet has finally been restored to its original second-person non-linear branching narrative format. I know! What took so long, am I right? Now it's up to YOU to decide what happens next. Play as Hamlet and revenge your father's death. Play as Ophelia and make scientific discoveries. Play as King Hamlet, Sr. and die on the first page!
Discover sweet art as you play from some of the greatest and most attractive artists of Our Time, including Kate Beaton (Hark! A Vagrant), Anthony Clark (Nedroid), Mike Krahulik (Penny Arcade), Matthew Inman (The Oatmeal), Ethan Nicolle (Axe Cop), Andrew Hussie (MS Paint Adventures), Zach Weiner (Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal) and WAY more!
View the full list at:
** REVIEWS **
"Literally slapped my thigh" funny. "Spat water all over my iPad" funny. "Woke my girlfriend in the middle of the night" funny. Riotously, unrelentingly, brilliantly funny. - Pocket Gamer - 9/10 - Gold Award!
"Yes, it’s Shakespeare and yes, it’s easily my favorite gamebook that Tin Man has ever done." - Pocket Tactics - 5/5 stars
"...an idea that is, by most conventional literary standards, terrible, but pushed so far past terrible that it wraps around like a comet slingshotting around the sun and comes back as utterly brilliant." - Time
"To Be Or Not To Be truly is one of the most purely-entertaining experiences of the year, because Ryan North manages to both live up to my expectations with his take on this literary classic, and also manage to go to places that I just did not expect." - Touch Arcade - 5/5 stars
** FEATURES **
• Tiny Yorick skulls mark the choices Shakespeare took in his play!
• Play as Hamlet, Ophelia, and Hamlet Sr., each with their own unique adventures.
• Learn things, like the meaning of the word ‘pernicious’ and the origin of the phrase ‘Till death us do part’!
• Sensibly bring evil King Claudius to justice in a court of law! Or, stuff him into a cannon and then fire him into a wall! IT’S UP TO YOU.
• Travel through TIME! Fight PIRATES! Kill a guy IN A CHURCH (it’s totally okay, he’s a jerk!)!
• View the HAML-O-METER at the end of each story to see how well you stuck to the Bard’s vision!
To Be or Not To Be has been created using Tin Man Games’ enhanced Gamebook Adventures Engine featuring:
• Dyslexic friendly font support, to aid readers with dyslexia.
• Hidden achievements to find throughout the gamebook.
• Art you discover is unlocked in the art gallery. Find all the full colour images as you play!
• Specially composed soundtrack and sound effects.
- March 19, 2015 Initial release
- October 09, 2015 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $1.99
- October 15, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $5.99
- December 15, 2015 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $1.99
- January 04, 2016 Price increase: $1.99 -> $5.99
- November 08, 2016 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $4.99
- November 24, 2016 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- December 04, 2016 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- December 18, 2016 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- January 01, 2017 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- June 15, 2019 New version 1.1
- June 15, 2019 Price increase: $4.99 -> $6.99
- June 16, 2019 Price increase: $4.99 -> $6.99
- June 27, 2019 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $2.99
- August 16, 2019 Price increase: $2.99 -> $6.99
- September 24, 2019 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $2.99
- September 30, 2019 Price increase: $2.99 -> $6.99
- December 24, 2019 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $1.99
- January 07, 2020 Price increase: $1.99 -> $6.99