Small update to the game's description. Questions, comments, high-fives? Contact us at [email protected]
Burly Men at Sea is a folktale about a trio of large, bearded fishermen who step away from the ordinary to seek adventure.
With gameplay halfway between a visual novel and a point-and-click adventure, the branching story carries its ungainly heroes into waters where lurk creatures from Scandinavian folklore and other misadventures. You play as storyteller and wayfinder, shaping a custom tale that begins again where it ends.
BRANCHING STORY: Play through multiple choice-driven adventures, each designed to be completed in a single sitting.
INNOVATIVE CONTROLS: Shape the narrative through a unique, draggable viewport and your interactions within it.
PLAYFUL AESTHETIC: Colorful art style with handcrafted animation, set to a whimsical original soundtrack inspired by folk music of the far north.
No in-app purchases or ads.
“The closest thing I’ve played to an interactive fairy-tale.” —The Telegraph
“Artful interplay of visual minimalism, waggish writing and hilarious but also haunting sound effects generated by gorgeous a cappella voices. 5/5” —TIME
“9/10” —Pocket Gamer
Burly Men at Sea is the second game from married duo Brain&Brain, developed during their own adventures as nomads and erstwhile farmhands.
- September 29, 2016 Initial release
- October 02, 2016 New version 1.0.1
- October 08, 2017 New version 1.3
- June 13, 2019 New version 1.3.6
- December 17, 2019 New version 1.4
- December 24, 2019 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- January 06, 2020 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- January 21, 2020 New version 1.4.1
- January 28, 2020 New version 1.4.2