Registration for the Wings for Life World Run is now open
"Come together – against the Catcher Car – for a good cause.
Get ready to join tens of thousands of people worldwide on May 9, 2021. Together you will run, or roll, to find a cure for spinal cord injury, all at the same time!
In the Wings for Life World Run, all participants start simultaneously around the globe. There’s no traditional finish line – instead a Catcher Car pursues you! You run, or roll in a wheelchair, as far as you can until you’re caught. With the Wings for Life World Run App, you can participate anywhere in the world, individually or side by side with others. 100% of your entry fee goes directly to the nonprofit Wings for Life foundation to help fund spinal cord research.
Once you have finished the run, your name will be on the Global Result List.
Wings for Life World Run App features:
- Virtual Catcher Car - the moving finish line
- Use the App to run on Race Day, May 9, 2021 at 11:00 UTC
- Available in 10 languages
- GPS tracking of your run
- Share your achievements via your mobile device
- Donate using the App
Note: Leaving the GPS running in the background will decrease battery life, so be sure to charge your phone before you run.
- March 10, 2015 Initial release
- March 13, 2015 New version 1.0.1
- April 27, 2015 New version 1.1.0
- May 01, 2015 New version 1.2.0
- June 01, 2015 New version 1.2.1
- November 19, 2015 New version 1.2.2
- January 25, 2016 New version 2.0
- February 23, 2016 New version 2.1
- March 06, 2016 New version 2.1.1
- July 05, 2016 New version 2.3.2
- June 14, 2019 New version 4.2.0
- November 19, 2019 New version 4.6.0
- July 15, 2020 New version 4.7.0
- December 10, 2020 New version 4.8.0