- Dates of admission to the Union.
- State nicknames.
- Japanese and Ukrainian translations.
Do you know where is Vermont? What city is the capital of Wisconsin? In this app, you will find all 50 states of the United States of America! All 50 state capital cities! All state flags and outline maps! From New England and the Great Lakes to the California coast and the Alaska wilderness!
* Northeast (Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Jersey etc.).
* Midwest (Ohio, Illinois, South Dakota etc.).
* South (Alabama, Texas, North Carolina etc.).
* West (Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and others).
Questions are divided into six groups:
1) Guess the name or the postal abbreviation of the state highlighted on the US map (for example, LA is for Louisiana; OK is for Oklahoma).
2) Spell the names of the state capitals (e.g. Salt Lake City is the capital of Utah; Lincoln is the capital of Nebraska).
3) Recognize the state by its geographical borders.
4) State flags.
5) Dates of admission to the Union: from the First State - Delaware (December 7, 1787) - to the 50th state Hawaii that joined on August 21, 1959.
6) State nicknames: famous like ‘Sunshine State’ for Florida or ‘The Grand Canyon State’ for Arizona; and less-known such as ‘Land of Enchantment’ for New Mexico or ‘Mountain State’ for West Virginia.
In each group, you can choose several game modes:
* Spelling quizzes (easy and hard).
* Multiple-choice questions (with 4 or 6 answer options). It’s important to remember that you have only 3 lives.
* Time game (give as many answers as you can in 1 minute) - you should give more than 25 correct answers to get a star.
Two learning tools:
* Flashcards - browse information about each state without guessing.
* Table of all U.S. states.
The app is translated into Spanish and 9 other languages - besides American English, of course.
It is a great educational game for everyone interested in the geography of the United States of America. Guess the capital and the flag of your state!
- June 14, 2014 Initial release
- June 14, 2019 New version 2.3