• Added support for iOS 12 Password AutoFill, so if you have an Exact Editions account you can log in with a couple of taps.
• Added a Siri Shortcut which allows you to go directly to the latest issues.
• Added keyboard shortcuts for easy navigation within an issue.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
The Pastoral Review is directed to those engaged in pastoral ministry, both ordained and lay. By supporting your parish ministry it is a resource for the whole parish. It is also worth making clear that the cost of a subscription will qualify as a genuine parish expense, or for those of you working in other ministries or are retired, a diocesan expense.
With the Year of Faith currently being celebrated, we would like to offer you a special introductory subscription rate.
Each edition of the journal is 96 pages long. Here’s what you’ll find in every issue of The Pastoral Review:
• Breaking the Word. Find inspiration for every Sunday during the journal’s two-month span.
Complemented by notes on Scripture texts for weekdays providing reflections for daily meditations.
• Contemporary Theology. Leading clergy and theologians explore issues on a range of topics relevant to the Church today.
• Leadership & Ministry. Learn about topics relevant for all aspects of ministry.
• Past & Present. A perspective on the past and how it impacts on today’s issues.
• Book reviews. Discover the books that are shaping our thinking and fuelling debate, reviewed by our team of clergy, course directors, lay people and theologians.
The Pastoral Review is a trusted source of reference, insight and guidance in your vital pastoral work.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
• Bookmark favourite pages or search results to read later.
• Social Media sharing feature allowing you to share pages with friends via Twitter or Facebook etc
• If your institution has a magazine subscription, you can access it directly from within your registered IP range.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
- June 15, 2014 Initial release
- August 07, 2014 New version 7.6.3
- October 08, 2014 New version 8.0.1
- December 09, 2014 New version 8.2.4
- March 28, 2015 New version 8.3.0
- October 01, 2015 New version 9.0.1
- November 10, 2016 New version 10.0.0
- December 01, 2016 New version 10.0.1
- June 15, 2019 New version 12.0.0