Dear parents, we have updated the Word Factory App for you!
WHAT’S NEW: „The big word factory“ is now optimized for iOS 9. You can install the app now on your iPad as well as your iPhone to have it with you at all times. The navigation was improved by implementing multi-touch, so children’s hands can more easily navigate and play with it. We have also improved audio for even more joy while listening to the app.
PLEASE NOTE: In the future, there will be only one version of the app for iPad AND iPhone in the store. Unfortunately, we can’t merge the two previous app versions, therefore this version for iPhone won’t be maintained any longer.
SUPPORT: Should you have any problems with our apps, we would be glad to get an Email from you at [email protected]
We recommend: Janosch: Oh, wie schön ist Panama.
Have fun! Your App-Team at mixtvision Digital
PLEASE NOTE: From now on, "The big word factory" is available as a universal app for iPhone AND iPad in the app store. Unfortunately, we can’t merge the two previous app versions, therefore we need to cease the maintenance of this version for iPhone.
Read, play, learn, discover, dream: an enchanting picturebook-app for children aged 3 and up and lovebirds of any age – based on the bestseller „The great word factory“ by Agnès de Lestrade and Valeria Docampo. Awarded multiple times, e.g. with the Leipziger Lesekompass by Leipzig Bookfair and Stiftung Lesen.
- Carefully implemented Mini-games
- Playful learning for curious children aged 3+
- Artistic illustrations, specifically modified for the app
- Beautiful animations and interactions
- Charming audio track
(Tap the magic flying words and dive into the world of the word factory!)
- Listen to individual words in the story by tapping them
- Get to know a wide spectrum of words: sweet and bad words, funny and obsolete words, rhymes and greetings
- Learn how various words sound in different languages
- Find matching syllables and put them together to form words
- Catch flying words
- Help create the story and choose the colour of Marie’s dress
- Child-appropriate control and navigation
- Read-aloud feature in 3 languages: German, English, French
- Visual table of contents
- Bonus: full story as a picture book film
Paul and Marie are living in a land where people hardly ever speak. You have to buy and swallow words to be able to pronounce them. And words are expensive, especially the really good ones. So Paul collects words he finds on the street: „Cherry, Dust, Chair“. He wants to give them to Marie, to show her how much he likes her.
„The great word factory“ talks about the world of words and the power of language. And the fact that in concerns of the heart, it doesn’t always matter what you say but rather how you say it. The two children, Paul and Marie, are the best example for that.
- GIGA Maus 2014
- Leipziger Lesekompass 2014 of Leipzig Bookfair and Stiftung Lesen
- Pädagogischer Interaktiv-Preis 2014
- Children’s media award „Der weiße Elefant“ 2014
- Among the best children’s book apps 2013 at BesteKinderApps.de
- Among the best book apps 2013 at Kirkus Reviews
- „A sweeping declaration of love for the power of words, the world of reading and the value of language – a joy for the whole family to be looked at again and again.“ (RBB Kulturradio)
- „This picturebook app inspires a love for literature.“ (DIE ZEIT)
- „Very poetic.“ (ZEIT Wissen)
- „A playful and mindful approach to language is creatively put into pictures and interactions! A wonderful story of friendship, full of emotion and imagination.“ (Leipziger Lesekompass 2014)
- „The subtle illustrations and the calm atmosphere of the app fascinate children and adults alike. Enchanting!“ (Eltern family)
- „A highly recommended app leading children into the imaginative world of language again and again.“ (DJI – Deutsches Jugendinstitut)
We want you to enjoy the story of Paul and Marie without limitations. Thus we are there for you, should there be any technical problem despite all our efforts. Please send us an Email at [email protected] - unfortunately, it’s not possible to reply to comments in the App store. Thank you!
Dear parents, we at mixtvision Digital produce high quality apps which you can discover, read and play with your children without concern. Here, as with all our other apps, we consciously made the decision not to use advertisements or in-app purchases. If you like the stories we tell in our apps, we would be glad about a positive rating and a comment here in the app store. Thank you!
- March 18, 2014 Initial release
- April 04, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- April 11, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- June 05, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- June 30, 2014 New version 1.4
- October 24, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- December 21, 2015 New version 1.5