- In the location-based actions it is now possible to set a concrete end time for the action "start recording".
- Since iOS 13 it is possible to configure in detail, which types of point of interest are shown on the map.
- Since iOS 13 it is possible to search a location on the map (via "magnifier" icon)
- Since iOS 13 it is possible to compress the data that is saved to the iCloud. Please enable this option only if all of your devices have already iOS 13 or newer installed. This option does not affect existing data unless it is changed.
- Since iOS 14 it is possible to tap on a point of interest to get more information about it.
- Since iOS 14 it is possible to configure the color for each location for the time tracking feature, which will be used in the graphical representation instead of the default colors.
- Bugfix: The energy data (from HealthKit) was not shown when activated in the settings.
Pado is all about geo tracking.
This App provides several easy and powerful ways to record tracks or routes (for example of your hiking or cycling tours, of your trips with a motorcycle or car, workouts like jogging etc.), draw them on a map and analyze them graphically using speed and altitude profiles and bar charts.
You can start and stop recording a track manually but also fully automatically in the background, without any user interaction. Just tell the App to start and stop the recording when leaving or entering certain regions, you can even limit the recording to a certain time period, and the App will do the rest automatically.
The tracks can be exported and imported as GPX and KML.
Especially for sports activity, the App can give you status updates about speed, duration and distance using Speech output.
Pado also has a step counter (on devices with the required hardware).
The App provides a Time Tracking feature, which will gives you an easy way to log your whereabouts at certain regions automatically. Just define the regions you want to observe, the App is doing the rest automatically. The logged data can be presented as bar chart and exported as text or CSV file.
When entering or leaving certain regions the App can automatically record tracks, post notifications, play music, trigger "external" actions using the "WebHook" protocol and more.
Tracks and regions can be synced across devices using the iCloud. This makes it easy to record tracks on an iPhone and evaluate these later on a larger iPad screen.
Pado also supports the Apple Watch (all models) and can be used fully autonomously to record tracks or routes (which means you do not need to take the iPhone with you to use the Watch App). This does even work on Apple Watch models without GPS hardware (in which case the location services do use WLAN networks nearby to get the geo location). All tracks can be displayed directly on the Watch on a Map, and you can zoom and scroll the map with the track. Alternatively you can also use the Watch App to remote control the iPhone App.
Pado supports all iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple Watch devices.
Unlike many other Apps, this App does also work great on iPod Touch and iPad models without GPS hardware (but you need to be within a region with a good WLAN coverage). On devices with GPS hardware it works best. The step counter requires an iPhone 5s or newer or an Apple Watch.
As an option, Pado can use the heart rate data from Health-Kit and display it together with the recorded Track speed and pace charts. When recording tracks on the Apple Watch, Pado can also measure the heart rate. Pado will never store the heart rate data anywhere (neither within Pado nor externally), and will use the HealthKit data only when explicitly enabled in the settings.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- August 04, 2014 Initial release
- October 06, 2014 New version 1.2
- October 18, 2014 New version 1.2.1
- December 18, 2014 New version 1.5
- February 02, 2015 New version 1.6
- April 14, 2015 New version 1.7
- June 20, 2015 New version 1.8
- November 11, 2015 New version 1.9
- December 15, 2015 New version 1.9.1
- January 16, 2016 New version 1.9.2
- December 17, 2016 New version 2.0
- December 21, 2016 New version 2.0.1
- December 23, 2016 New version 2.0.2
- June 13, 2019 New version 2.9.1
- August 16, 2019 New version 2.9.6
- August 28, 2019 New version 2.9.7
- September 28, 2019 New version 2.10
- October 05, 2019 New version 2.10.1
- November 11, 2019 New version 2.11
- January 28, 2020 New version 2.11.1
- November 11, 2020 New version 2.12
- January 26, 2021 New version 2.13
- August 05, 2021 New version 2.16